Laut Aayi Woh

Chapter 31

Laut aayi woh...

He rushed towards her...not even thinking for a split second about any of the consequences...hugging her in his arms ...now she stood still...not even moving, nor breathing ...

Kaha chali gayo thi tum ...

Mai pagalon ki tarah dhoodh raha tha thume...

She was silent...just starring back ...

Rhea ...please bolo ...he begged now ...

The policemen had turned towards their usual chatting the case was solved even without moving an inch ...Mumbai polices pride was beaming back ...

Rhea, he shook her ...

And then realization hit him ...

God had given him back ...his Aaliya ...she was the one who was staring at him ...Rhea had invincibly evaporated ...he was frightened to even touch her ...

The girl spoke Marathi ...called him her husband ...

he stood there like a statue that would crumble any second now...

Aa...he was about to say her name ...

She was crying now ...

He understood ...he had lost everything ...she would not accept him ...that's why she had not hugged him back ...the words came haunting back , how would he face his Allaha,

Aaliya did not want him and he couldn't stay alone any more

It was like a whip ...someone lashing him every time he was this close to happiness ...distancing him away ...pulling him back to an unknown and doomed world . A world that he had created from his misunderstandings ...his mistakes ...

He raised his hand to hold her and then slowly the fingers molded back in a fist...he couldn't ...he was again a stranger to her ...not allowed to touch talk or even glance ...

She came close to him ...his eyes were fixated on her face now ...maybe the last time

He was ready ...he knew this was inevitable, he was staying in a wonderland ...and the imaginary world had disintegrated now...

the love would be replaced by ignorance and maybe hate too..

who knows what she was feeling seeing him in front, his mistakes were blurring around him in hypothetical bubbles ready to be busted into reality...

He stood there a guilty man ...ready for his incarcerated hell to be back...to be caged in resentment and to be locked up forever.

It was a court proceedings scenario...

God was the judge, Aaliya the pleader and Zain the wrong doer...the punishment had been set and he was just waiting for her to physically push him away ...hit him ...with her words ...remand him for a life away from her ...a living nightmare...

Ab toh maan lo...

He looked up still crying ...he had lost her forever ...

She sank on her knees ...crying ...he stood there watching helplessly ...

Zain Abdullaha ...I love you ...

The words ...he couldn't believe them ...he was dead ...walking dead ...

She was confessing her love ...

Kitkit bahut pyaar karti hu mai tumse ...

He sank on his knees too...

She was holding her ears now ...and like a understood sign he held his ...

I love you too...the pain had evaporated ...now he was free...liberated ...Allah was not that bad ...he was in heaven ...she had forgiven his sins

She hugged him ...he hugged her tight and embrace that had the divinity of pure love and the spirituality of being together ...the Police man eyed them both...

Zain stood up and took her in his arms ...they started walking ...

She looked up...Dad tumhe accept toh karenge naa...

Zain turned back in shock ...the test was not over ...Rhea was still there ...and he was still a prisoner of his past...this time in an even bigger problem ...with two names a past and a present entwined in such a web that he could never escape

Tujhe paane ki khushi ho...ya tujhe khone ka gham ...

Tu hi bata ab kiske bahon mai hum tode apne dum ...

Pre-cap: how will Zain handle the freshly confessed lover