Ek Khwahish

Chapter 18

EK Khwahish...

The song ...and Rheas haunting eyes had pierced Zain ...he was totally lost in thoughts ...his fear that he had felt had evaporated...was back with a bang ...

What if she recollects everything...will she desert him ...how long will he live in this fear of losing her, he had no answers to the games his mind was playing with his heart , brutally shredding his present by reminding him of his awful past ...

Rhea ...Tum theek ho na ...

Kya baat hai kitkit pechle ded ghante se ded sau baar pooch chuke ho ...

Suno mujhe bahut bhook lagi hai ...tumne uss shop se kuch pack karvaya tha na...khaana tha kya ...

Ek baat batao...tumhare pet mai koi chota bakasur(a mythical character, who ate a lot)  virajmaan(sitting) hai ...he laughed ...

Mr.Abdullaaha aap meri diet koh nazar na lagaaye toh hi behtaar hoga...she laughed ..

He pulled his car towards a unpaved road ...the car came to a screeching halt on a layer of mud and pebbles ...he got down and pulled up a mat, blanket and a basket ...

Wow kitkit hum picnic maanayenge yaha ...she gazed towards the blue sky ...merged whiteness of the clouds that made funny faces in her thoughts ...a shady tree and a beautiful river flowing next to it ...

Its so beautiful, she jumped around like a two year old ...

He followed her with all the things in tow ...

Setting a picnic look ...he finally retrieved the food that he had packed ...

She looked down hungrily ...

It looked odd...an indianized version of a burger...two small pieces of unsweetened bread/bun (paav) sliced in between and big potato fritter(batata vada) ...and spiced with chutney ...she saw few green chillies surrounding the Vada Paav ...

Ye...she looked startled ...

Haa ye ...

Mai nahi khaungi ye ...

Khana padega ...khake toh dekho 

...she had her first bite with a lot of reluctance ...and then there was no stopping her ...She chomped and chomped ...infact snatching Zains share too...he laughed at her ...

And then she felt the spiciness kicking in her mouth ...

Pani Zain ...Pani ...she flagged her hand over her mouth as though she was extinguishing a mini fire of its own ...

He was laughing at her ...

Agar naa du toh ...he was swaying the bottle away from her reach ...

Please......

aree aaj toh meri marzi chalegi naa...he portrayed himself as though he owned her ...

When he saw tears of hotness pooling in her eyes he gently extended the bottle...wait a minute...bottle mai pakdunga ...she agreed...

The drops of water trickling from her mouth ...lured Zain ...he slowly wiped it with his other hand ...she moved back again ...away from him ...he sensed her discomfort

She looked at the green chilies and laughed ...kahi yeh toh nahi khana shuru karoge ...he swayed his head in a no ...smiling

Post-lunch, they both lied down ...a gentle wind was blowing on their faces ...