EK CHITTHI

Authors Note

So finally I am posting my chapter that I had written in December ...when these were written Rheas character was not as strong and colurful as it is now..over the last two months my writing style has changed. Though the core of the story remains the same...

This is an extremely emotional update ...if you have read all the chapters ...you will be able to connect with what Zain is trying to say, maybe you can visualize every scene...I know you all dont like these updates but it is an evil necessity that will move the story ahead. All the knots have to be untied ...the story will have major twists ...and then a new turn ..

I loved writing this chapter and have poured my heart doing it 

Enjoy

Sim

Chapter 56

Ek Chitthi

Zain got up at 4 am, he knew there would be no one around his moms room that early. He was restless the whole night, unable to even sleep for a wink. Rhea had knocked his doors persistently at 12.00 am...and he had pretended to be fast asleep.

Aree yeh kitkit bhi naa...kaise ghode bechkar so gaya...Mami ka Birthday hai, she smirked and had left...

not realizing that the head hiding under the blanket was pre-occupied with thoughts...thoughts of how to avoid being around the birthday girl...

Zain knew his mom would not confront her feelings, she wanted him to be around ...yet her coldness kept him secluded. It was her special day and if his being away would give her some respite from the constant sadness that he knew her eyes dwelled on the moment they set on him , then he would go away.

But how will he avoid Rhea, her enthusiasm for celebrating Suraiyas birthday was infectious. Being a teacher now, a part of those children stayed with Rhea, their happiness, their chirpiness.

She had all planned for her Mamis birthday, cake a special one, inviting all Suraiyas close friends with Nafisas help. She had meticulously detailed each and every moment for the grand celebration.

Seeing all her preparations had triggered a panic attack in Zains heart, what if her Mami refused everything.

He was scared for both of them, Rheas innocence mixed with Suraiyas hatred this combination was a deadly affair. Escape or to be more precise walking away seemed to be the best option for the time being. He was confident that in his absence, her mami would not break her heart.

He was the soreness and if he wasn't around there will be peace. He had slowly smiled still holding the blanket tight on his head, not peeking through the couch.

After getting ready, he walked towards Suraiyas room. Only a mild warmth from inside her room was alluring Zain to walk in. Just like every night that he used to peek in through those glass doors, he looked inside and smiled. Her blissful face was wrapped with an aura of peace.

Zain looked around... not a single soul...Perfect he thought and finally stepped in ...

Slowly walking close to her bed , he looked to the sleeping figure...he missed her so much.

The way she used to move her hands on his face or recite the Dua, the way she used to hug him and cook his favorite pasta, he missed those moments...the very core of his existence.

He stood in silence sucking up the image of his moms face in the mirror...he didn't allow himself to see her in actual ...the image would not break his promise ...