Zain ki Pareshani

Chapter 4

Zain ki pareshani...

The night was terrific...with all the mosquitoes declaring a third world war on Zains delicate hands arms and legs, he was miserable.

Sleeping on the couch was one thing, but sleeping on the grassy lawn and that too in that freezing December cold...his teeth still gritted with cold...

Wish I had put in few more jackets or those colourful balzers before I embarked on this journey, Zain thought resentfully.

Who knew he would have to sleep on the lawn like this, surrounded by abdul chachas musical snores. He was sure Kashif was putting some ear plugs to avoid that drilly and eearie noise. I should ask Kasif to lend me some tomorrow night, Zain smiled and looked up. He could see Aaliyas room, her balcony door was still shut ...

Da...kya yaar itna bhi koi dusht banta hai kya apne shauhar se...he smiled as he pulled the thin blanket on his face ...just like her ...

The wind blew the blanket away ..and almost three fourth of the time he struggled to tuck the watery blanket under his body ...the mattress was as good as it didn't exist ...and his long legs were practically on the grass...

In the middle of the night when he finally managed to catch a wink ...he felt something crawl on his legs...the fattu zain ..shrieked ...waking his new fellow inner room partners...who were sleeping inside the cozy room

Beta ...aap andar aakar so jaaye ...kashif bahar so jayega ...

Kashif looked in other direction refusing to acknowledge Abdul chachas words ...

Nahi nahi ...mai darta thodi hoo...sorry aapko jaga diya ...he looked up to see if his scream had reached the wrong room ...Aaliyas room ...the lights were still off...

Hmm...must be sleeping nicely after making me sleep here...MKB ...he twisted his mouth and nose to show his resentment...

He did find an indigenous idea ...he surrounded his mattress with stones ..keeping one on the blanket too so that it dosent fly away ...and finally slept ...

He could never bear the cold...and the blanket was just not enough ...maybe he should ask for a thicker one...no no no ...she will make fun of me ...his inner soul told him ...

Aaliya looked down in the darkness ...his struggles were making her miserable...why dosent he understand that walking away from here was his best option ...maybe tomorrow ...he will finally resign his fate ..she knew he wont survive this battle for too long ...

She looked at her bed ...the softness was thorny today ...her love hurt her more...

Nahi Rhea ...Aaliya tumhe jitney nahi degi ...usse jaana hoga ...she took her comforter and ducked her head inside ...

The morning sun ...had not yet peeked when he woke up it was 4 am ...he was still sleepy ...but he had to get up ...the dew had settled on him ...he shook off the residual water ...

Abdul chachu was already ready ...beta ...ghusalkhana waha hai ...he pointed out an outside washroom ..

woh kya hota hai ..he asked him half sleepy ...

Bathroom...toilet ...he explained

Bahar ...Zain made a strange face...

Aap andar chale jaiye...Rhea beti so rahi hai ...waise bhi aap nahi jaa paeynge yaha ...he laughed

Nahi nahi ...mai yehi jaunga ...