Shikayat

Chapter 39

Shikayat...

They reached the room ...it was evening and the sun was about to bid a farewell to the diminishing day ...

Zain looked at Rhea ...her mehndi had dried now ...and the straight palms had eased ...

It was a strange feeling of fear that always gripped him whenever she was quiet like this ...her bubbly and chirpiness is what kept him alive ...

Da ...kya hua ...jabse nikle hai ...kuch bol nahi rahi ho ...

Her silence was haunting him now ...her gaze still looked miffed ...

Theek ho na ...he wanted to hear her talk

She looked up still quiet her eyes unfazed ...

Walking towards him ...she crumpled her hands ...the dried mehndi flaked off ...leaving a exquisite design of dark orange lines at the bottom ...

she rubbed her hands in anger ...he looked at her face again ...afraid ...

The bits and pieces of the green designs still stuck in her palms and the rest were staining the floor now ...scattered like a ravaged emotion ...falling all across

she held his hand and pushed him towards the wall...with a masked irritation

Every step that he moved back ...every push from her hand was making Zain fall deeper and deeper into a slumber of uneasiness ...

She started starring back at him as his back touched the wall...he had nowhere to go ...

His breath ...crippled under her gaze...

Da....

She kept her finger on his lips now ...

Kya samjhte ho khudko ...his eyes defined a dread now...

What happened ...the moment she had opened her eyes ...he had seen something in them ..what he couldn't make out ...

Kya hua Da...mujhse kuch galti hui kya ...he asked in a low inaudible tone now...apologetic before she could even accuse him

Bahut badi ...her eyes were red now ...almost on the verge of tears ...she looked visibly upset

Her grip on his wrist was sealing his terrors about her ...

He tried releasing himself from her feminine grip ...gently struggling under them ...the masculine ego ...wanting to jump back on her ...

She put in all her strength to pin him back...with such an aggressive momentum that he was getting nervous

Kya kar rahe ho ...she asked

Apna haath chuda rah ahu ...darr lag raha hai ...tumhare ghusse se...

Kyu ...

He started looking on the floor now...her hands had almost thrusted him towards the hard brick layers ...

Batao toh sahi ...kyu naraz ho...he wanted to blurt out his fears now...

He was preparing himself ...the emotions ...of an outburst ...the inevitable may happen ...if Aaliya was talking right now , then he was in deep trouble ...

Of an unforeseen moment ...

She lowered her head ...and put her face on his chest ...not letting him move even a inch ...with both hands on the wall he had nowhere to move, fastened to her moods ...

Kyu Zain ...Itni doori kyu rakhte ho mujh se....her words of desperation finally dribbled out

His face softened with the words ...the fears dwindled in a sublime thought ...

It was his Rhea talking ...not Aaliya ...his jitters voice wanted to relax a bit ...everything was still the same ...

Da ...he spoke confidently again ...driving away the need in her voice ...he tried to talk logic to her ...a logic that he himself had stopped believing ...

tumhe hurt nahi kar sakta ...meri mazboori hai please samjho ...

the only image that loitered was of a broken man who would be lashed if ever she realizes that he had taken an undue advantage of her erased past ...

She looked up now ...her nose touching his jawline...her bosom heaving on his chest ...almost rhythmic now, subtle heartbeats twisting as one...

Tum mujhe pasand karte ho ...mai tumhe karti hu ...toh kis baat ki ye dooriyaan ...

Rhea ..please ...his voice had a pleading streak now ...

Nah Zain tum suno ...her mild threatening sound almost took him by surprise

mai bahut pyaar karti hu tumse ...par jab bhi tumhare kareeb aati hu ...tum tehar se jaate ho ..door ho jaate ho ...

An invading look was filtering in his eyes now ...the intimacy was descending in him ...

Mujhe aise kyu lagta hai ...ki mai tumhe pehlese jaanti hu ...

tumhare saath bita hua har ek lamha jaise mai pehle guzaar chuki hu ...

jaise tum koi gair nahi ho ...mere apne ho ...par shayad tumhe yeh ehsaas nahi ...

Rhea ...pyaar ke liye nazdeekiyan zaroori hai kya ...her aphrodisiac smell was smirking at him like a slow poison ...

Koi door se bhi, bina chuhe tumhe pyaar kar sakta hai ...the rousing needs ...were like a serpent not letting him talk out ...logic

Sahi kaha tumne ...she left his wrist now ...a sudden freedom that he didn't want to experience ...

Itne door lagte ho ki kabhi kabhi tumhare paas ane se bhi ghabrahat hoti hai ...pata nahi kaunse lamhe mai choot jaoge ...

She had turned her back now...her eyes filled with a sadness..a loneliness that he was not reciprocating to her

Zain closed his eyes ...his barriers were broken ...

Continued...