Dil Ki Baatein

Chapter 24

Dil ki Baatein...

Rhea woke up, it had been almost a whole month now since she was in Mumbai...the more she was discovering Zain, the more she was getting pulled in his vortex of love. Her feelings were getting stronger each passing day... the flashes used to come but very occasionally. It was as though she was reliving two lives , one in the present and one in a dream with that cloudy man ...whose face was forever blurred, his name was mystical...

Rehmaans behavior towards Zain had mellowed down a lot, Rhea was puzzled, how one trip of Zain had changed so much around the house. Rehmaan had never praised Zain , but his bitterness was more subdued.

Zain had changed a lot too...he was forever missing from every dinner ...every breakfast ...he never sat with the family, something which always bothered Rhea. She had questioned him a couple of times, but he always evaded them.

She did feel that maybe all was not right between Zain and his Mom ...they never faced each other, if one was there other was excusing themselves. It was a game of hide and seek going on forever. Maybe it was her Mamus absence that had changed Mami so much...

Her Mami...she was so different now, the few days of reluctance had changed to a pleasant one. She used to still not talk much, but she was nice.

Rhea was really amazed how two nights had altered so many people so many relationships. She had no idea at what price the change had come in all of them, what all Zain had gone in those two nights ...she was unaware and all of them kept it that way.

The only thing that remained unchanged though was her love for Zain. She had no idea how to tell him ...how to confess that she was madly in love with him ...shy afraid scared ...anxious , Rhea was jumbled up with the plethora of these feelings.

Just like a typical morning she saw him taking his swim, it was a Sunday ...he looked like a miniature version of all the Bollywood heroes mixed together, but no one looked as exotic as Mr.Abdullaha...he came close to her.

Kya baat hai Da...aise aankhen fadkar kya ghoor rahi ho ...

Kahi izzat lootna ka irada toh nahi hai ...

She smiled coy ...

He remembered the lines that he had told Aaliya ...kya 50s ke heroine ki tarah sharma rahi ho...he himself giggled at his joke now...

Ab kya hua, she starred back, his usual bouts of unexplained laughter was the only strange thing that she didn't like about him ...

Kuch nahi, Sunno ...kahi bahar chalet hai aaj

Kaha ...

Shopping chale...

Ok, waise bhi mujhe gift lena hai ...

Accha mere liye, he elbowed her...

Naa...Mami ke liye...

He went silent again ...

Kyu

Aise hi, who bahut sweet hai ...

Chalo...toh phir ...

Accha suno, Rizwaan aur Aayat ayenge toh chalega...

Daudega, she laughed and went upstairs to get ready...

After two hours, he was waiting near the car...yeh ladki kabhi nahi sudheregi...aaj bhi wahi late latif hai ...memory ho ya na ho ...koi farak nahi padta ...