Picnic

Chapter 33

Picnic

The morning was more warmer than usual ...

Good morning Da ...She looked away ...still disturbed ...her nights were forever haunting her now

They were at the breakfast table when she got a call...

Nahi Aalisha ..mai nahi aa rahi hu...tum jao...

Accha theek hai ...as she kept the phone down and turned towards Rehman ..school picnic hai ...sab teachers ki ..mai jaao...dad ..his eyes still filled with sadness

Rehman smiled gulping down the sadness ...he had to do something faster ...before Friday ..he had to tell Zain ..he would figure out never let his Aaliya walk away ...he had trust on him ...

haa beta ...zaroor ...Zain gaadi tum drive karna ...

she smirked ...she wanted to be away from him ...and he would be still around ...as Zain quietly saw her expressions changing ..he knew she didnt like his presence ...a thought was solidifying now ..something that was painful yet a truth

As Zain was putting in the luggage ...Altaf came through the gates in his car ...

Rhea ...aree wah chalo ...mere car mai ...

She looked at Zain ...and just walked away ...her distance to protect him ...and her heart ..

Zain kept quiet ...aware that his company was not needed any more

Altaf turned back to ask..tum bhi aao ...as Zain sat on the back seat ...he looked at her ...she avoided looking at him ...

The whole ride was filled with Altafs chatter ...as both Zain and Aaliya were quiet ...

They stopped at a dhabba for a small tea break...as Zain was quietly sitting ...and Aaliya was sipping her tea

Chai nahi chaiye tumhe ..Altafs tone asked him ...

Nahi ...

...Zain ...maine suna hai Rhea ne tumhari class li ...as Altaf burst out laughing ...Zain looked away ...

Aaliya intervened ...Altaf ...tum usse mat chedo ...her eyes were pained to remember the incident ...a single one that had broken her ...she was ashamed now ...

Zain smiled ...this was the first time she had defended him ..

Sorry ..Altaf kept quiet ...As Altaf walked to pay ...Zain looked at Aaliya ...Da... Thank you ...

She kept quiet ...maybe he would thank her when he would know what she had decided to do with her life...

When they reached the picnic spot there was no one ...just two tents ...and a camping ground...

As Aaliya peaked to see the spot deserted ...Aalisha walked from back...

Happy Birthday to you ...Happy Birthday ...Rhea ....

Aaliya turned and smiled ...it was her real birthday , but who told Aalisha ...

As Altaf and Aalisha clapped Zain looked at her ...silently ...

She smiled and blew the candle ...cutting the cake giving the first bite to Aalisha and then to Altaf ...as Zain turned away ...

he didn't want to stand there ...she would ignore him...there had been several instances in the past when he had been ignored ...and today he will not be able to bear it ...