Dastak

Dastak...

That night Zain walked towards the closet ...opening the door as gently as possible not to wake Rhea up...he opened the locker ...and picked up Aaliya and his memories ...tomorrow morning he will put them away ...so far that even he would never ever reach them ...

Rhea was all that was left with him ...Aaliya had vanished ...though he missed her ...but he was happy atleast the soul was still the same...the face the smile ...he tucked back the snaps ...in a hurry when he saw she was stirring ...closing the door again ...and lying down next to her ...the night was growing darker now ...

The morning ...was the most beautifully tinted that Rhea had woke up...

Zain was sleeping next to her ...his hands cuddled in hers ...with a firm grip. The fingers curling and squeezing her fingers ...the rung that Zain had given to her in Goa beach ...a solitaire ...small dark blue , shone as a dark ocean filling her finger ...she gently took her hand ...and kissed his long fingers.

Looking lovingly at the ring ...the peace that she felt always waved away from him , was there now, resting in his composed face.

Rhea was happy that she gave him his much much deserved gift...he was the most gentle soul, she had come across...

She felt someone was knocking at the door ...she went to open it ...there was no one ...

She walked towards his closet...his side of clothes ...exactly the closets other half was empty, as though someone stayed with him and he was still waiting for her retun. Maybe he had made space for her ...she was smiling ...she picked up the dark blue dress ...she had kept it secretly there ...

Today was the nikaah ...in evening the kazi would walk in ...rather than masjid ...it will be done here ...she was blushing ...waiting for the moment when his veiled voice will acknowledge ...Qabool hai ...how she will be shy ...

the qazi asking Rhea Rehmaan Quersehi kya aapko Zain Osman Abdullah se nikaah qabool hai ...the word qabool hai ...rang in her ears...her happiness was drizzling her eyes ...he was hers ...for life ...she had always dreamed ...and it was finally a reality ...Da to Malika-E-Zain ...it was her love that had reached its pinnacle.

The name MEZ was familiar too...like everything associated with Zain ...she walked in towards the washroom..her head was more heavier today, maybe the passion play had exhausted her, or maybe the flashes ...its intensity had risen several folds ...the scenes were more clearer.

Rhea was considering to see a psychiatrist or maybe a tarot card reader ...something was wrong with her mind...but today everything had to take a step back...it was her nikaah with Zain ...

She went in to take the shower...his smell never leaving her body ...the mehndi clad hands ...she wanted to save the colour ...never let it fade using less soap and away from the design...cautiously ...

She closed her eyes once again below the shower...the flashes ...her blurry man ...was in a shehra ...she was in a purple coloured one...he had a husky voice ...and said qabool hai too...and he revealed his face ...it was Zain ...his face...

Rhea got scared and opened her eyes ...the first time in three months since the flashes had started she saw the first face ...that too the guy who met her everyday in them ...

why did she see Zain ...maybe she wanted him to be Zain ...maybe...the sweat beads from the steam in the room ...made her feel uncomfortable..as was the flashes and Zains face...