Mina Ashido & Izuku Midoriya

Oh, OH LOOK WHAT AM I? A warning? Definitely. Are you going to read me anyway? PROBABLY. Are you going to launch another cult from the comments? YOU WILL IF YOU READ IT.

        Mina shouldn't have written him off.

        She shouldn't have believed him.

        She knew something was bothering him.

        But she had no idea that it was this bad.

        Not until the demon was standing right in front of her.

        Her first thought was that he looked better than the last time she'd seen him, more than four years before. Less frown lines around his chin, the salt and paper of his hair less defined. He looked healthy. Happy even.

        Her next thought reminded her that this man was a monster and had her turning to Kiri just before he shattered a desk with his bare hands. She caught his look as the disbelief morphed into pure unadulterated fear.

        Mina was out of her chair before Kirishima panicked, at the door before he made it out of the room, and if anyone had tried to follow, they would have found the lock acid-bolted shut.

        Her only solace was that Takeshi hadn't recognized him. She wouldn't have either, with all the change Eijiro had undertaken in the past four years, but that meant he hasn't come to UA seeking him out. Which was good.

        But once he realized his disinherited, very gay son had made it into the most prestigious university of the nation and was dating the academic honor roll, he was very unlikely to let that go. Which was very, very bad.

        Mina followed Kirishima in a desperate skid around the corner. She had no idea where he thought he was going, but his initial instinct was to put as much distance between him and his father as possible. For years a major calming factor was that Takeshi was far away. Far away meant he couldn't hurt him anymore.

        Far away didn't work if he was in the next room.

        She was grateful they didn't encounter any other students. She didn't know what Kiri might have accidentally done to them.

        The redhead jumped down a flight of stairs four at a time, pinwheeling around the banister at the bottom and one-eighty-ing down that hallway. She heard a door slam, and knew at one where he was. The girls' bathroom on the first floor has been decommissioned for as long as she could remember. Somehow, there were no cameras between it and one of the lesser used exits. She knew this because it used to be where her and Ochaco changed for patrol.

        "Kiri, let me in," she demanded, knocking on the door as gently but insistently as she could. She couldn't let him be alone, not while he was like this. "Don't do this to yourself, Kiri, let me in."

        She cursed at the sound of breaking glass, again when she realized the door wasn't locked—it was smashed shut.

The building shook violently, knocking loose the ceiling tiles and rattling the windows; Katsuki. She hoped he hadn't gotten into a fight with the bastard; he didn't know what that meant getting himself into.

Mina popped her neck, matching her way around the outside of the room. "Kiri, I love you. And in loving you, I know you'd never box yourself into a room with one exit like this. Therefore, I'm coming in!"

In doing so, she found the main entrance to the bathroom, the 'out-of-order' sign hanging proudly from the door in pink floral print. A second year male looked at her quizzically as she ignored the sign, and she flipped him off as the door closed.