You're perfect

Platonic Lilith×Eda

⚠Warnings⚠: Crying and internalized aroace-phobia (Is there a word for that?)
This takes place around the same time as "Them's the Breaks, Kid"

No one's POV:
Lilith always knew she was different than other kids. She loved studying, books, and things other kids would consider "boring". She was pretty strange, in her opinion.

One thing she found especially strange about herself was that she never felt romantic or sexual attraction to anyone. Not boys, not girls, not nonbinary people, no one.

She always told herself, "Maybe I just haven't found the right person yet. I'll find someone soon." But she never found anyone.

One day she decided that she never would find anyone, and that something was wrong with her.

She hated that she couldn't love anyone. She thought it was wrong, that she was supposed to find people attractive. She wanted to be like her sister. Eda found plenty of people attractive. In fact, she actually had a crush on a kid named Raine.

Lilith wanted to be like that, but she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried.

Even though she knew she didn't feel attraction to people, she pretended to so she wouldn't get made fun of. She pretended to have a crush on a bunch of different people and told her sister about them so she would think Lilith was normal, and Eda believed her. She didn't think anything of it.

But one day, Lilith was tired of lying to her sister and pretending to be something she wasn't, even though she hated who she really was, so she decided to tell Eda.

It was 5:00 in the evening on a Friday night. Eda was in her room kicking around a grugby ball and Lillith was standing outside Eda's bedroom door, rehearsing what she was going to say in her head.

"Okay, I can do this." She quietly said to herself as she knocked on her sister's door.

"Yeah?" She heard Eda call.

"It's Lilith. Can I come in?" The older witch replied.

"Yeah, sure!" Eda responded happily.

Lilith opened the door and walked in, closing it behind her.

"Hey Lilli! What's up?" Eda asked, smiling.

Lilli was nervous. She didn't know how Eda would react. She hoped she wouldn't be upset at her for lying, or make fun of her for being weird. Eda must have realized that Lilith was thinking about something because she asked, "Hey, is everything okay?"

"Um, yeah, everything's okay, don't worry. It's just, um, I have something to tell you. I haven't been very honest with you and I think you deserve to know the truth. You know how I told you about all those people I have a crush on?"

Eda nodded "yes" in response.

"Well, I don't actually have a crush on any of those people. I don't have a crush on anyone, actually. I was lying to you, and I know I shouldn't have lied and I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to think less of me because I'm weird. I'm supposed to be attracted to people, Edalyn, but I'm not. I never have been. This is wrong. I'm wrong. I'm broken."

Her voice was shaking. She hated herself. She hated lying to her sister, she hated pretending, she hated being the way she was. Why couldn't she just be normal?

Eda pulled her sister into a hug. "Hey, it's okay, Lilli. I think you're perfect."

At that, Lilli started crying. She was so blessed to have such an amazing, kind, understanding sister like Eda. Lilith cried into her sister's shoulder for a few minutes, eventually tiring herself out.

She lifted her head up and looked at her sister. "Thank you, Eda." She said, smiling.

"No problem, Lilli." Eda replied, also smiling.

Lilith felt much better knowing that her sister didn't hate her for what Lillith thought was "wrong". She realized it wasn't wrong. She was different, and that was okay.

The End💙
Woo! Platonic Lilleda! I hope you guys liked that one, and to all the aroace, asexual, aromantic, demiromantic, demisexual etc. beans out there, you guys are awesome and special and just as cool as anyone else!♡♡♡Byeeeeee