Eyes

Raeda angst

This takes place a couple days after Raine and Eda break up

Raine's POV:
They say eyes are the windows to the soul, and that's true. You can tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes.

Years ago I looked into the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen and I immediately knew that the girl they belonged to was special.

Her eyes were brilliant, and beautiful, and kind, just like her.

I spent years looking into those eyes, falling more and more in love with them each time they met mine. They were incredible, just like her.

Her and her eyes meant everything to me, and they made me so happy. I looked forward to seeing those bright, joyful eyes everyday, and I continued to look forward to them, even when they weren't bright and joyful anymore.

Even when they were full of fear and pain, even when they lost their shine, I looked forward to seeing them, to seeing her.

I remember the last time I saw her, just a couple days ago, and what her eyes looked like. Scared, sad, shocked, betrayed.

Betrayed because those eyes that had spent years looking into mine, thought they saw someone who wouldn't run away. Someone who wouldn't be scared, and they were wrong.

Her eyes saw wrong, and now their sparkle is gone.

Even without the sparkle, even full of pain, and sorrow, and hatred, I wish I could see those eyes one more time.