Family? (Losing game pt. 2)

⚠Warnings⚠: Crying

Camila's POV:
I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw Luz standing in the doorway with 5 other kids on that rainy night.

I had no clue when she was going to come back, and I definitely wasn't expecting her to bring home a bunch of scared, tired, and injured children when she did, but I hugged her.

I hugged my baby because I was so happy she was home. I was more than happy. I don't even have words to describe the way I was feeling at that moment.

After about a minute, we stopped hugging and went inside.

Luz's friends were so polite and helpful, but they looked miserable and exhausted.

Especially this little one with white hair and a half-purple face. They looked young. They must've been only 8 or 9.

After Luz and all of her other friends left to go get cleaned up, I walked over to the little guy and started talking to him, because he hadn't said anything since he came in.

"Hi," I said quietly. They looked at me. "I'm Camila. What's your name?"

They hesitated for a moment. "The Collector. I don't really have a normal name." They responded.

"The Collector. That sounds mysterious. I like it!" I said, smiling. He smiled back.

"Would you like me to get you something? Something to eat? Something to drink?" I asked.

That poor little kid looked exhausted and scared and it broke my heart.

"No thank you." He replied quietly.

"Okay." I replied. "Let's get you cleaned up." I said as we walked to the bathroom.

Everyone else was finished so the bathroom was empty.

I helped wipe the dirt off of The Collector's face and put bandages on their cuts. They thanked me and walked out of the bathroom.

By the time we were finished, everyone else was in the living room, either standing or sitting on the couch.

It was late, so I decided I should go ahead and make them dinner so they could all go to bed.

When dinner was ready, everyone sat at the table and immediately thanked me. I wondered when the last time they ate was.

The Collector wasn't eating, though. He thanked me for the food but just sat at the table the entire time.

When everyone else finished eating and got up to help with the dishes and get ready for bed, I asked him to come into the hallway with me real quick.

I asked him if everything was okay. It was obvious that everything was not okay, all of them had clearly been through a lot that night, but everyone else had at least eaten.

"I'm not hungry." They said quietly. "I don't have to eat. I never get hungry really." They continued.

I wasn't sure if they were just saying that because they weren't hungry currently or if they actually didn't have to eat.

I didn't know much about that other world, so as far as I knew, maybe they could survive without food.

"Okay, just let me know if you need anything, okay? I'll take care of you."

He nodded "yes" in response.

About 15 minutes later, I had set up everyone's bedrooms. Luz, Amity, Willow, and Vee were in one room, Hunter and Gus were in another, and The Collector wanted to sleep on the couch, closer to my room.

I was glad they chose to sleep there because I wanted to be able to check on them. I told everyone else good night and then went to where The Collector was laying down.

"Good night, niño." I said, smiling, as I walked into my bedroom. He was a sweet little kid.

*Time skip brought to you by the Bad Girl coven*

Still Camila's POV:
It was late at night. I looked at my phone to check the time. 10:37. I thought I heard a noise, so I went into the living room to investigate.

When I walked out there, The Collector was curled up in a ball on the couch, crying.

"¿Oye amor por que estas llorando?" I asked.

I quickly realized he probably didn't know what I said.

"Love, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" I asked again quietly.

They looked up at me. It was dark, so I couldn't see their face very well, but something was obviously wrong.

"I-I just feel b-bad for all of this. Th-this is my fault." He sobbed out.

"I-If I would've just left everything alone, w-we would be back h-home, and n-no one would be hurt."

I had no idea what he meant by "If I would've just left everything alone", but I didn't say anything. I just sat on the couch, hugged him, and told him everything would be okay, and that we would find a way to get everyone home.

"But for now, you're in my home, and I'm going to treat you like family, so you don't have to worry about anything, okay cariño?"

"Okay." He said quietly, smiling a little and hugging me again.

The Collector's POV:
Family? That was a new word. I knew it was something good, though. King used it a lot when he talked about Eda and Luz, and he loved them very much, so it must be a good thing. I was glad Ms. Camilla called me family. Family sounded fun.

The End💙 Yay, Losing Game is finally finished! Sorry if this part kinda sucks a bit. I wasn't sure how to make this part as good as the first one. I still hoped you enjoyed it, though. I'm also sorry this took me so long to write. I just didn't have very much motivation. I know I haven't been posting as much as I did when I first created this book, but I'll try my best to at least do a oneshot a day. Final apology to any Spanish speakers. I don't really speak Spanish, so if anything I wrote in Spanish doesn't make much sense in context or is just written weird, feel free to let me know (politely please) and I'll fix it. One last thing. I will be writing more Raeda oneshots. I know recently there hasn't been much Raeda, but there will be more of that. If you want Raeda but want me to write a certain idea, feel free to request those. Now that you've read an entire paragraph, have a good whatever time it is for you currently and I'll see you in the next part! Byeeeeee