Someone to say "I love you"

No ship, just King and Eda (and a bit of Papa Titan)

This takes place the night of "Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Hooty's Door"

Eda's POV:
It's about 11:30 PM. I'm trying to sleep, which is pretty difficult considering the day I've had.

As I'm finally starting to drift off, I hear my bedroom door creak open. A stream of light enters my room, and I sit up, internally cursing.

"Eda, are you awake?" I hear someone whisper. It's King.

"Yeah, unfortunately. What's up?" I reply, kind of worried.

King used to come into my room all the time, but stopped as soon as Luz moved in, so the fact that he's doing it again makes me wonder if something's wrong.

"This is gonna sound dumb, but can I sleep with you tonight? Don't get me wrong, I love Luz, but I think I need you right now."

I smile. "Of course, Kiddo. Get up here." I reply, patting the spot next to me. He jumps up into my nest and curls up beside me.

We lay there in silence for a few minutes and I assume he's asleep until he says, "Hey Eda, do you think my dad thinks about me?"

I hesitate, unsure of what to say. He doesn't usually talk to me about this sort of stuff.

"If I'm being honest, King, I don't know. I have no clue if he thinks about you." I reply. I can't see his face in the dark, but I know that he's disappointed.

"He might think about you. He might wonder where you are now, or if you're doing alright. Or maybe he doesn't think about you now, but he did. Maybe he thought about how you're the most amazing kid, and how you're going to grow up to be even more amazing. Either way, I bet he knows how awesome you are."

King doesn't say anything, but he sniffs a bit, and I can tell he's crying. Sometimes it's hard to forget that he's just a kid.

"Aw, come here kid." I say quietly. He crawls closer to me and I hug him.

"I love you, Eda." He says. His voice is barely a whisper.

"I love you too, kiddo." I reply, trying not to cry. It makes me so sad that he doesn't have an actual parent here to tell him they love him. He'll always have me, though.

Papa Titan's POV:
"I love you too, kiddo." As I hear that sentence, I start to cry a little bit.
I've been watching over King for years, and as I watched him tonight, and heard him ask if I think about him, my heart broke.

I wish I could let him know I think about him. I wish there was some way I could tell him that everything Eda said tonight is true. I wish there was a way I could tell him I love him. I want to tell him I love him so bad, and I hate that I can't.

There are plenty of people who can, though, and Eda is one of them, so hearing her say it makes me so happy. I can't be there for King, but at least I know that there is someone who can.