You hate the girl I love (pt. 2)

Luz's POV:
I'm sitting in my room in the Owl House when I get a call from Amity. I quickly answer it, excited to talk to my awesome girlfriend.

"Hey, Ami! What's up?" I say happily.

"Hey Luz!" Amity replies. She sounds happy, but it also kind of sounds like she's been crying.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, worried.

"Um, yeah. Everything's okay. I just got in a fight with my mom a few minutes ago. Well, not really a fight, but more of an argument. She isn't really thrilled that I'm dating you. She thinks me dating a human will ruin our family's reputation, and I told her that I don't care about that but-" her voice breaks and she starts crying.

"I'm afraid she'll make me break up with you, Luz. Just like she made me stop being friends with Willow back when I was a kid. I-I can't lose you, Luz. I can't break up with you. I need you, I l-love you. I love you so much I don't want this to end." She stops and cries more.

"Amity..." I say. I'm so upset at her mother for doing this to her. I'm so upset at myself for doing this to her. Maybe this relationship wasn't a great idea. I love Amity, but her dating me is causing problems for her, and I don't want that.

"I love you too, Amity. So much, and I'm sorry that you have to go through this because of me." I tell her.

"No, don't be sorry, Luz. Y-you make me s-so happy. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't want to l-lose you. I c-can't." She says through sobs.

"Hey, it's okay, Ami. It'll be okay. You aren't going to lose me. I won't let anyone take you away from me, okay?"

"O-okay." She says quietly.

"Do you want me to come over?" I ask. She still sounds so sad and I can't stand it.

"Mhm." She replies. "If you can." She adds.

"I'll ask real quick. I'm sure I'll be able to. See you soon, honey."

"Okay, see you soon." She says before hanging up.

I ask Eda if I can go to Amity's house and she says yes. A few minutes later, I arrive at her very large house and knock on the door.

Emira answers. Thank Titan. I was worried that Odalia would answer the door and tell me to leave.

"Hey Luz, what's up?" Emira says quietly, probably so Odalia won't hear.

"Hey, Em. I came to see Amity."

"Okay, Mom's in her room, so you should be able to visit Amity without her knowing, but you guys might want to go to your house. If Mom sees you, things might not go well."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." I reply, stepping inside and shutting the door behind me. When I get to Amity's room, I knock on her door.

"Come in." She says. I open the door and shut it behind me when I walk in.

"Hey Ami!" I say happily, walking towards her bed where she's sitting.

"Luz!" She says quietly so Odalia won't hear. "I'm so happy you're here!" She says, hugging me. I hug her back, tightly.

"Me too, Sweet Potato." I say, kissing her. When we pull away she starts crying again.

"What if I never get to kiss you again?" She asks.

"That's not gonna happen, baby. I promise."

"Okay. You're so sweet. I love you." She responds, hugging me again.

"I love you too, Amity." I say, holding on to her tightly to show her that there's no way anyone could take her away from me.

After about a minute, we sit on her bed, and I hold her in my arms. I can tell that she really is scared that we won't be able to stay together.

I'm scared, too, but I promised her that I'm not going to let that happen, so I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen. No matter what it takes.