Her (pt. 2)

This is part 2 of my oneshot "Her". If you haven't read that yet, you probably should, or else this one isn't going to make a lot of sense. Anyway, enjoy!

One-sided Daridor angst

⚠Warnings⚠: Yelling, crying, rejection sort of

Alador's POV:
It's been a month since Odalia and I started dating, and Darius has been acting strange. He's been a lot more quiet and just not the same.

I've tried to ask him what's wrong but he won't tell me. He says he's fine, so I've just been leaving him alone, but whatever's happening is getting worse.

He still talks to me and seems happy, but whenever Odalia's around, he's completely silent. Something is obviously wrong, so I decide to ask him about it at lunch.

When Odalia and I get to the cafeteria, Darius is already sitting in our usual spot, looking tired as always.

"Hey Darius!" I say as we walk closer to him.

As Odalia sits down, Darius says, "Hey."

"Dar, can I talk to you privately?" I ask, ready to find out what's been going on.

"Um, sure?" He replies, standing up.

"We'll be right back, honeybug." I say to Odalia, blowing her a kiss.

"Okay, Allie!" She replies, smiling. I smile back at her and start to walk with Darius. I decide to take him to the Abomination homeroom, since no one's in there.

When we get in there and close the door, Darius says, "So what's up? What do you want to talk about?"

"You've been acting different lately, and I want to know what's wrong." I say, hoping he'll actually tell me.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine. I've just been tired." He responds, just like I thought he would.

"Please don't lie. Something's obviously been bothering you. Ever since Odalia and I got together, you've been acting weird. Do you not like her or something?"

"No, I don't have a problem with Odalia." Darius says, not looking at me. He must be lying, but why? Why can't he tell me what's wrong?

"Are you sure? You don't even talk when she's around. If you don't like her you can tell me, you know. I'm not gonna tell her." I tell him. It upsets me a little bit that he's not telling me anything.

"I'm fine, Alador." He says, sounding frustrated.

"You're obviously not. Please just tell me. I'm your best friend, remember? If you have a problem you can tell me about it."

I know I'm coming off as pushy and probably annoying, but I don't want him to think that no one cares that he's upset, because I do.

"I'm fine, Alador! Okay? Thank you for caring but it's fine, alright? I don't have a problem with your girlfriend and nothing's wrong." He's even more frustrated now, I can tell, and I'm starting to get frustrated, too.

"Okay, but surely you can tell why I think something might be wrong, right? You've been more quiet recently, you barely talk, and you just seem sadder, and it all started after Odalia and I got together. Obviously it has something to do with her, and I don't want you to be uncomfortable around her."

Suddenly realization hits, and I know why he's been acting weird around Odalia.

"Do you...like her?" I ask. Darius looks both angry and horrified, and I regret saying anything.

"No, I don't like her! I'm fine, I told you. How many more times do I have to say it? I'm fine, your relationship is fine, everything's fine, okay? You can give it a rest, I'm okay. There's nothing to see here." The way he says that he's okay gives me reason to believe that he's not.

"Why are you lying?" I ask, getting angry. I know I should just leave him alone, but I need to know what the problem is.

"I'M NOT! Why do you care so much? You don't seem to care any other time! I find it hilarious that now you're concerned about how I'm doing, when you didn't give a crap about how I was a month ago. Maybe you're too busy kissing Odalia to see that I've been trying to talk to you, trying not to be silent, but I am, and you haven't been listening, so I gave up! It doesn't matter though, because you have what you want. Everything's okay for you. You have someone who loves you, you got the love of your life, and what did I get? I got being ignored by my best friend for a month and then an endless series of questions as soon as he decides to pay attention to me again."

He pauses to take a breath, and I notice that he's starting to cry.

"Just shove off. Stop pretending to care about anything to do with me and go make out with your girlfriend again."

"Darius, I-" I start to say, but he walks out the door before I can say anything else.

I didn't know he felt this way. I want to follow him, but I know it's better if I just leave him alone. I will make this better, though. I can't leave it like this. I'll show him that I really do care about him, but for now, I'm going to give him space.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly, even though he's already gone.

The End💙 Part 3 anyone? I know this one's more angsty than usual, but I hope y'all like it anyway. See y'all in the next chapter, byeeee!💙