A perfect fit

Huntlow❤☁
This takes place around the same time as most of my other oneshots. Current time

Willow's POV:
Gus and Hunter are at my house, in the living room. We've been hanging out for about an hour. We hang out all the time, but this time, it's different. Hunter's acting different. He's a lot more nervous than usual, which is making me nervous.

What's he nervous about? Is it me? Do I make him uncomfortable? I hope not, that's the last thing I want to do. I love him, and I love being around him. I want him to love being around me, too. I don't want to ever make him nervous, which is apparently exactly what I'm doing.

This whole time he's barely said anything to me, and when he does, he stutters and fidgets and looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here.

I think Gus has noticed this as well, because he's been giving me looks that say "What's up with him?". I just shrug everytime, because I don't know, but I wish I did.

After a few more minutes of this extremely awkward energy, Hunter says, "U-um Willow? Can I talk to you privately for a second?"

Oh Titan. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. I know what he's going to say. He's going to tell me that he's figured out I have a crush on him. He's going to say that he doesn't feel the same and that he can't stay friends with someone who is obviously in love with him. I just know it.

"Um, o-okay. Be right back, Gus." I reply, wishing I didn't sound as nervous as I am.

"Okay, see you in a sec." Gus replies, looking and sounding very confused.

Hunter and I then walk out of the living room and into the hallway outside my bedroom door. He takes a deep breath before speaking, and so do I. I really really hope I'm wrong about what he's going to say.

"Willow, look, I know I've been acting weird all day, and I can tell it's freaking you out, and if I'm being honest, I'm freaked out, too."

He takes another breath.

"I'm freaked out because...I love you, Willow. I really love you, or at least, I think that's what this is. I want to be around you all the time, I want to hold you, I want to tell you how beautiful you are without either of us being uncomfortable. That's love, right?"

I don't know what to say. This is certainly not what I was expecting. I just nod, because that definitely sounds like love to me. I've been feeling the same way for months.

"I don't expect you to like me back. In fact, I'm expecting you to say you don't feel the same way. And I'm not saying that so you feel sorry for me. This isn't me saying that no one could ever love me and I'm just a sad, lonely boy. This is me telling the truth. I don't know very much about how relationships are supposed to work yet, I'm a little clueless in that department, but I know that couples are supposed to fit together, like a puzzle."

He takes another breath and I realize that I've been holding mine. I exhale quietly, so it doesn't seem like I'm bored of hearing him talk or that I'm being impatient, because it's the exact opposite. I really want to hear what he has to say. I need to hear what he has to say.

"Couples are supposed to match each other. Like Luz and Amity. They're perfect for each other. They fit perfectly together. Luz is a kind, outgoing person, and Amity is the same, just in a different way, if that makes sense. That's why they fit. But you and me, we don't fit. You're beautiful, and kind, and you care so much about everyone you meet, even if they don't deserve it. I'm cold and quiet and selfish. We're opposites, and no matter what everyone says, opposites don't attract."

I really hope he's not finished. This sentence really needs a happy ending.

"This is turning into some speech. What I'm trying to say is, I really love you, Willow, and I know you couldn't possibly feel the same about me, but I guess there's a little part of me praying that you do, so this is why I'm standing here right now. You don't have to say you love me back, you don't even have to say anything, but I just needed to prove to myself that I'm not too much of a coward to actually tell you."

Now he is finished, and he's expecting at least some kind of response, so I say what's been on my mind for a while now.

"I do feel the same way, Hunter. I love you, too, a lot. And you're right. We might not fit as perfectly as other couples do, but we aren't other couples. We're us. And you're not cold and selfish. You're kind and caring, too, and I love you for that. We're not opposites, we're just a little different, and that's fine. Luz and Amity are pretty different, too, but they're very happy with each other."

I fidget with the collar of my shirt, unsure of what else to say. After a few seconds of silence, I walk closer to Hunter, who still looks really nervous.

"Hunter, I know I already said this, but I love you. I know you don't think very highly of yourself, but I think you're perfect, and I'd love to be your girlfriend."

Hunter's face lights up instantly. "Really?! You're not just saying that?"

"Of course I'm not just saying that, goofball!"

"Um, this might be a weird question and probably too soon, but can I...kiss you?" He asks, blushing a little bit.

"Yes!" I reply excitedly. I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time.

Hunter then moves his hair out of his eyes and kisses me. I've never done this before and neither has he, so it's a very new experience for both of us, but it's an amazing experience as well. Kissing Hunter is more beautiful than any words could say. It's the most extraordinary feeling.

After a little while, we pull away, gasping. He looks at me with love and tears in his eyes. I reach out my hand for him to hold, which he takes instantly. "I really thought you wouldn't feel the same." He says quietly as a tear rolls down his cheek. I use my free hand to wipe it away.

"Well I do, and I'm very proud to now be able to call myself your girlfriend."

Hunter smiles at me. I smile back, and we walk back to the living room. I really thought Hunter was going to give me bad news. I'm so glad I was wrong.