Boyfriends

Gustholomule❤☁

Gus' POV:
Yesterday I was texting Amity, and she told me I should tell Matt about my feelings when I'm ready, and I think I'm ready today.

He might not feel the same way, but that's okay. I don't want to keep anything from him, not even something like this that could potentially ruin everything.

I asked him to come over to my house a few minutes ago, and he said yes, so he should be showing up any minute.

A few seconds pass and I hear the doorbell, so I walk downstairs to answer the door.

"Hey Gus!" Matt says happily when I open the door.

"Hey Matt!" I reply as he walks in. I shut the door and we walk into the living room.

My dad is working so it's just us. "You said you had something to tell me. Is everything okay?" He asks, looking slightly worried.

"Yeah! Everything's fine! I just wanted to tell you that-" I take a deep breath and think about what Amity told me; 'The worse case scenario is that he doesn't like you back, but the best case scenario is that you two become boyfriends.' I can do this. It's not that hard.

"I really like you. A lot. I know it's super random and kind of weird but I just really really like you and if you don't feel the same way, that's totally cool, but you deserve to know." I say quickly.

Matt is silent for a few seconds and he actually has his mouth wide open like I just told him that I'm secretly a 3-time Grammy Award winner.

"Matt?" I say, starting to get worried that maybe he doesn't feel the same way. "

I...I can't believe it. You feel the same way. I like you too. A lot. I had no idea you liked me back, I-"

"Are you crying?" I ask, stepping a tiny bit closer to him.

"No!" He replies defensively. I give him an 'I know you're lying' look.

"Okay, I am. I just...I really wanted to tell you that I like you but I didn't want things to be weird between us. Turns out I had nothing to worry about." He says. He's blushing a little bit.

"So does this mean we're...y'know?" I ask, also blushing.

"Yeah! I mean, I really want to be your boyfriend, and you feel the same way, so...yeah."

"Yes!!" I exclaim, attacking him with a hug.

"Gosh, I'm so happy!! I can't believe it!" I yell once we both pull away.

"Me neither!" He replies, smiling brightly.

"Are we going to tell people yet or do you want it to be a secret for a little while?" I ask. I want to make sure he's comfortable before telling anyone.

"We can tell people. Maybe just the groupchat though." He replies.

"Okay!" I say, smiling and grabbing his hand. He looks at me and smiles back. I'm so glad I told Matt how I feel. I'm so glad he's mine.