Getting married (part 2)

Raine's POV:
We're here. We're finally here. It's finally happening. I'm going to marry Eda. It feels like just yesterday I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me, but it also feels like I've been waiting an eternity to say "I do". It's strange, but beautiful.

Everyone's here. Lilith and Luz are standing together. They're Eda's maids of honor. Hooty's sitting next to Lilith in his little portable house. King is the flower boy. He's holding a basket of flowers. All of them are brightly colored. Blue, purple, pink, red, orange, white, and different shades of magenta.

Darius and Eberwolf are also standing together. They're my best men. There are also many people in the crowd, sitting in chairs on a floating platform so they don't fall off of the hill. Eda's parents are here, Alador and his kids are here, a few of Luz's friends, and a woman I've never met before, but I think she's Luz's mom?

The CATs are here as well. Everyone I love and everyone Eda loves. I wish my parents could be here, but I know they're in a better place, wherever that may be. I try not to keep my mind on that though. It's impossible to once I see Eda arrive.

She looks amazing. More amazing than usual. She's wearing a tuxedo. It looks gorgeous on her. Her short, cutely messy, silver hair shines in the sunlight. My eyes fall onto her little arm stump. I still feel guilty for having to do that but I couldn't stand to lose her. I don't know what I would've done if I lost Eda before I got to say sorry. Before I got to hold her hand one more time. Before I got to do this. I stop thinking of what could've happened and start thinking about what is happening.

I think about her beautiful heterochromic eyes. I get lost in them every time I look at her. I can't wait to see those eyes again.

It's almost time to start. I walk towards the top of the hill, in front of everyone. Darius and Eber are standing behind me. I turn to look at them. They both smile. I'm filled with a mix of nervousness and excitement.

I can't believe it. If someone would've told me 20 years ago that I'd be marrying Eda Clawthorne, I wouldn't have believed them. "But we broke up." I would say. "She doesn't need me."

And I would be right about one thing. She doesn't need me. She's perfectly capable of living on her own.

She's powerful, intelligent, and a better person than I could ever be, but she needs someone to show her that she's beautiful. And amazing. She needs someone to convince her that she isn't a monster because she won't believe it by herself.

And I need her. To make me a better person. To show me how amazing I can be. I need her to show me how amazing anything can be.

I'm awakened from my thoughts by violin music. I recognize the tune. Raine's Rhapsody. About a month ago, Luz showed me the song humans usually play at weddings. I thought it was beautiful. Eda said she had something else in mind. This must be what she meant. It's beautiful.

All of a sudden, King comes running down the aisle, tossing the colorful flowers everywhere. We all laugh. He's adorable.

Then I see her again. My soon-to-be wife. Somehow she looks even prettier than before. Her father is walking her down the aisle. Gosh, she's beautiful. Eventually she stops walking, standing directly in front of me.

Eda's POV:
Oh my gosh. Raine. They look...I don't even have the words to describe how they look. They look like something out of the most beautiful dream anyone could ever have. They look like an angel.

I feel like I could burst into tears right here. I am the lucky woman that gets to marry this amazing person.

The music stops, and Principal Bump (can I even call him that anymore?) Begins talking.