Her

1-sided Daridor (Darius×Alador)♥
⚠Warnings⚠:Rejection kind of, crying
This takes place when they're teenagers, so around the time of "Them's The Breaks, Kid"

Darius' POV:
Back when we were teens, Alador, Odalia, and I were a trio. We always hung out together. Alador was my best friend and he was always with Odalia.

That's not how it used to be, though. It used to be just me and him, but then Odalia moved to Hexside and things changed.

She came up to us one day and started talking and then it was the 3 of us. I didn't mind, though. Odalia was a good person at first.

Emphasis on "at first". She tried hard in her classes, she was kind, she tried her best to be a good person. And I liked her for that. So did Alador. He liked her a lot for that.

But then, after the first month of her being at Hexside, she changed. She let her good grades and good looks get to her head, she used her popularity as an advantage, and she slowly became less of a good person.

Alador still loved her, though. He loved her quite a bit.

One day, we were sitting together at lunch. Alador and Odalia were flirting, as usual.

Odalia made a comment on how cute Al was acting and he blushed, then he replied by saying how pretty she looked and it went on forever.

It didn't really annoy me. Alador was happy and I liked that. What I didn't like, however, was the fact that he liked Odalia. Actually, no, he loved Odalia. Anyone could see that he was head over heels in love with her.

Of course he was. She had beautiful green hair, bright blue eyes, she was popular, she was a girl.

There was no way Alador would ever be interested in someone like me. First of all, I was almost 100% sure he wasn't into dudes, and second of all, even if he was, I wasn't cool enough for someone like him.

He was handsome, smart, funny, kind...he was someone who deserved to get what he wanted, and he wanted Odalia, so I wasn't going to say anything about my feelings for him.

It wasn't that big of a deal anyway. I would get over it. Or, I thought I would, anyway.

I was wrong, because that day at lunch, something happened between Al and Odalia that wasn't just flirting. They kissed. Right there. I don't know why, but I just left. I didn't even finish eating. I just walked away.

Neither of them noticed as they were kissing, nor did they care.

As I walked away, I began to cry. I don't quite understand why. It wasn't something to cry over. I knew there was no chance I'd end up with Alador. I knew for a fact it wasn't going to happen, but I guess it still hurt.

I didn't want to have to actually face the fact that he didn't love me, so when I finally had to face it, I cried.

I continued walking. I walked all the way out of the cafeteria and into the Abomination homeroom, which was empty. I sat in my assigned seat and cried until lunch was over.

When the bell rang, I wiped my eyes so no one would be able to tell I was crying.

A few seconds later, students were starting to walk in and I saw Odalia and Alador. They were holding hands.

"Darius, guess what?!" Al asked excitedly. I knew what he was going to tell me. He looked so excited.

"What?" I replied, trying my best to sound just as excited.

"Me and Dal are dating now!"

"Oh, that's awesome, Al! I'm happy for you." I responded, only half lying.

I was happy for him. He looked so happy with Odalia. Much happier than he ever would've looked with me.

"Yeah!" He said, smiling bigger than I'd ever seen him smile before.

Odalia went to her class and Al sat next to me. I glanced at him a few times during class. I was trying not to burst out crying again. I really loved him but he didn't love me back. I was never going to stop loving him though, even if he loved her.

The End💙
I know this one's a bit more angsty than usual, but I've had this idea for a couple days now and really wanted to write it. I will write part 2 of Losing Game, I promise, I just haven't really had the motivation to do so, but it will get done at some point. For now, be expecting Raeda and random oneshots like these. See y'all in the next part, whatever that may be. Byeeeee