Interview

Raeda angst

This takes place around the same time as my oneshot "Eyes"

Eda's POV:
Lately, my thoughts feel like an interview. Like the most awful, long, painful interview ever.

"How does it feel to have lost the only person that understood you?" "Why didn't you just tell them the truth?"

"What exactly are you running from?" "Do you think they'll remember you a year from now?" "Are you proud of yourself?" "You realize this is your fault, right?"

All of these questions invade my head and they won't leave. Over and over, the same thoughts are repeated, desperate to get the answers out of me. Begging me to give a reasonable explanation for everything that happened a couple days ago, but I can't. I can't explain why this happened, not because I don't know why, but because I don't want to admit that this is all my fault.

I'm not going to answer my own questions, because I'll have to tell the truth, and the truth is too painful, and I'm too weak to handle it. Hearing myself admit that my secrets and my fear are why Raine isn't in my life anymore is just as painful as being punched after I'm already bruised.

It's bad enough knowing that I'm the cause of Raine's pain, but hearing from myself that I've caused my own pain as well is too much. I want this interview to stop. I want these questions to end, because the answers hurt too much. These thoughts hurt too much. This interview hurts too much.