Forever

Raeda❤☁

This oneshot takes place around the same time as most of my other ones

Eda's POV:
It's about 12:30 AM. I'm lying next to Raine in our nest and I can't sleep. I know they can't either, so I say, "Hey Raine?" "Yes?" They reply, rolling over to face me. "Do you ever worry that things aren't going to stay like this forever? That this happiness we're feeling isn't going to last? That something is going to happen that'll take all of this away?" I say, wondering if 12 AM is really the best time for this conversation. "I do sometimes, but not often, because I know it's better to focus on the joy we feel now than to worry about whether or not we'll feel it forever. Are you worried that something might happen?" I nod in response, but then realize that it may be too dark for them to see me, especially without their glasses. "A little bit. I'm just worried that history's gonna repeat itself, and that we're gonna end up just like we did when we were younger. I'm afraid I'm gonna lose you again. I'm so worried that this isn't going to last forever." Raine moves closer to me and puts their hand on my shoulder. "That's a reasonable thing to worry about, but I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere, Eda. I love you too much to just leave." They say quietly. "I love you, too, Rainestorm." I reply, laying my head on their chest. I'm not really worried anymore. I think we're both gonna be fine.