Alone forever

Just some platonic Ed×Em
⚠Warnings⚠:Crying, being alone

Ed's POV:
I don't know where I am. All I know is that it's dark. And cold. I was with Emira just a second ago. I know I was.

"Emira?" I call out. I hear nothing in response except for the echo of my own voice.

"Em?" I call again. Nothing.

I start to call for my other family members. Amity, Dad, Darius, even Mom. No one answers.

"You're alone, Ed." Someone says above me.

"What? Who are you? What's happening?" I ask, starting to get scared.

"I'm you, Edric. Your own voice. That's all you have. That's all you'll ever have. You're alone. Forever." It replies, getting louder after each word.

"Alone? I'm alone? There's no one?"

"No one. It's just you and me, Eddie."

"Don't call me that! Only Emira can call me that! And Darius, and Dad. You're not them!" I yell, starting to cry.

Where are they? Where is everyone?

"Of course I'm not them. I'M YOU!" The voice screams, sending me falling into a dark hole.

I cry even harder, the sound of my own name haunting me as I fall. "ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED!"

Emira's POV:
"Ed! Ed!" I yell, trying to get my brother to wake up. We were just sitting together when he fell asleep. He's been exhausted all day and he hasn't really been himself.

I was just sitting quietly when I heard him crying in his sleep, something that doesn't happen often.

After a few more seconds, he finally wakes up.

"Em...?" he says sleepily, sitting up.

"Yeah, it's me." I reply, kind of worried that something bad is going to happen.

All of a sudden, he hugs me really tight and starts sobbing.

"I'm s-so glad you're h-here, Emira. I th-thought I was all al-alone!" He says through sobs.

"Aw, Ed. You're not alone. I'm here, okay? I'm your sister, you're never gonna be alone on my watch." I say as I hug him back tightly.

"I know. I l-love you." He says quietly.

"I love you, too." I reply. I mean it.

Sure, I tease him and make it seem like my worst nightmare is being stuck with him, but it's actually the complete opposite. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my brother.

After a few minutes Ed falls asleep, still hugging me. It's really sweet, actually, but I can't help but wonder if maybe I'm the reason he had that nightmare.

Maybe it's my fault that he thinks he's going to end up alone forever.

I'm not sure if that's the case, but I do know that I'm going to make sure that he understands that I'm never going to leave him alone, no matter what.