Her (pt 3)

So this is obviously part 3 of my oneshot "Her". If you haven't read parts 1 or 2, it might be a good idea to do that.

Darius' POV:
Today is Monday. It's been a few days since the situation with Alador. I feel bad about getting so mad at him. It's not his fault I'm in love with him. I want to apologize, so that's what I'm going to do.

It's around 7:45 AM when I arrive at school. Class hasn't started yet, so when I get there, Alador and Odalia are sitting together on the stairs leading up to the school building.

Al waves at me. He looks...nervous? I'm not sure what he looks like, actually, but something is different. Probably because of what happened on Friday. I wave back, walking toward him and Odalia.

"Hey Darius." Alador says, smiling a bit. "Hey Al." I reply.

"Um, can I talk to you privately real quick?" He asks, earning an eye roll from Odalia.

"Yeah sure, I was going to ask the same thing." I say, relieved that I didn't have to ask.

"We'll be right back, dearest." Alador says to Odalia as he stands up.

"Okay, Al." Odalia says, giving Alador a clearly fake smile.

Al and I walk to a spot where no one can hear us. When we get there, Alador says, "Darius, I'm really sorry about Friday. And everyday before that. You're right, I have been ignoring you, and I feel really awful about it. You don't deserve to be ignored."

"Don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. You at least tried to see what was wrong, that's not ignoring me. I shouldn't have gotten so upset at you." I respond, feeling even worse about the situation.

Alador always thinks every bad thing that happens is his fault, and my little outburst surely didn't help that.

"No, I deserved it. I shouldn't have been so pushy, but I just wanted to make sure you're okay. I know that's not an excuse, but..." He doesn't say anything else, but I get the gist of what he's trying to say.

"You weren't being pushy. You were being a good friend, and I should've acknowledged that instead of being an ass. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Are you okay? You don't have to tell me, but if you do tell me, please be honest."

I look into his eyes. His beautiful eyes that are begging me to tell him the truth. I would usually just say 'I'm fine,' but I can't ignore his eyes.

I take a deep breath. "It's nothing really, just..." I can't do this. I can't tell him. How weird would that make things between us? He has a girlfriend, he doesn't need or want to hear about my dumb little crush on him, but that's the truth. I love him, that's the truth, and that's what he wants, that's what his eyes want, so what do I tell him?

He looks worried. "Darius...?"

What am I supposed to do? I can't lie, but I can't tell him the truth. Sure, if this was some story, I could tell him how I feel and he would say 'Oh, Darius! I had no idea you felt this way! I actually love you too, and Odalia isn't my type. My type is boys. You. Kiss me!!!' But this isn't a story, this is real life, and real life is painful, it can't always go like you want it to.

"I just...it's nothing, Al. It's fine. Don't feel bad, okay? You didn't do anything wrong." It wasn't completely true, but it wasn't completely a lie, either. He looks worried for a second, but then he sighs.

"Okay, just let me know if anything's wrong. You can talk to me." I want to say that I know, but I don't. I can't talk to him, not about this. He would never look at me the same.

"Okay." That's all I say.

Suddenly, the warning bell rings, causing both of us to run back to the stairs. We see Odalia and walk towards her.

"What were you two doing? Kissing or something?" She asks rudely.

Alador laughs like it's the most funny joke he's ever heard.

"No! I don't like Darius like that and you know it."

Yep. She knows it, and so do I.