Chapter 40: The Royal Crystal Family

Once Saturn guided us to the castle, casually mopping the floor with demons effortlessly along the way, the scenery would change drastically.

It was quieter, the grass was intact, and there no blood or bodies about. This area hasn't been touched at all by the demons in the city. I did feel a slight tingle when i stepped onto the area, so I'd assume a barrier was up to protect it.

As we walked, there was grand structures such as romanian statues, columns, fountains, the whole place was gorgeous. The fountains flowed, the flowers bloomed, and the whole palace seemed to glisten like crystals. I always assumed it were a castle, but it was more of a palace than a castle, despite it being referred as one. It did have massive, hand build and carved, walls around the parameters, but they were way off into the distance.

Xylu, Moro, and Dai were seemingly floored as i was about the beauty of the place, with mouths agape and looking around, absolutely intoxicated by the view.

Sailor Saturn would smile at us when she looked back and then faced forward.

"This is your first time being here i assume." She said.

"Well, yeah! We aren't royalty or anything." I said without thinking.

"Don't be such a snark!" Moro nagged.

"No no it's fine. Believe it or not, this is an open area. Anyone can walk in and seek either refuge, comfort, or just a place to relax. We have gorgeous gardens and ponds, it's basically what you could call a public natural park. You may even enter the castle itself, but are restricted to what rooms you may or may not enter." She explained.

"I see......so.....we're one hundred percent safe here?" I asked.

"Yes, however.....the verdict is still out on whether or not we should trust you. Your sister has been vouching for you up and down, but....some of us aren't convinced." She said solemnly.

"Can't say i blame em. I am but a stranger to you all." I said honestly.

She gave me a polite smile before we stopped at the doors to the palace itself.

The doors were larger than life, white like pure cotton, and adorned in gold and crystals. With me being of Christian denomination, i could assume this is what a biblically accurate door to a chamber might would look like. However, i knew deep down that a kind of door like that would be even grander than this.

There were two guards, adorned in, what i could describe as, fantasy-esque armor. Like something straight out of a movie or game i play. They looked cool, but a bit flashy and gaudy for my taste.

They stood at attention, then Saturn gestured them to move aside in a simple motion, to which they did and opened the door for us.

Inside was just as immaculate as i thought it would be. A grand, crystal chandelier hung above the main entrance lobby, with stairs leading to the upper floors. On the hand rails, were golden rails that all had a greek or romanian flair to them. In fact, the whole room looked like a fantasy/romanian palace, with pillars and statues adorning the room. It was simply breathtaking.

I heard a set of clacking heels rush towards me as i then found myself on the floor with two individuals embracing me.

It was my sister and mother, bawling their eyes out.

We didn't say a word, just held each other.

But as soon as i stood up....

SLAP SLAP

"How dare you not contact us!" Said mom.

"Yes, especially me! I literally thought you died when the house collapsed!" Sis shouted.