Chapter 18: final day

Inarian training has truly been something. They train on every aspect of their race. Tail strength training, martial arts, senses training, and so on. They literally train everything that's to their race, down to the most miniscule thing. Hell, even I learned new things about them through this training and I was raised by them!

One thing for sure, it was grueling and agonizing at times. Whatever I didn't have that they did, I had to improvise. Grand elder did not play around with me and neither did the sergeant.

"I WANT A SIX FOOT HOLE DUG WITH YOUR HANDS AND CLAWS ONLY!! YOU ONLY GET ONE HOUR!! HOP TO IT!! " sergeant Grimmer shouted.

"SIR YES SIR!! " we shouted in return.

Sure, a inarian could dig a six foot hole semi easily, but me a human? Hell no, it was painful. The dirt was tough and gritty, making it painful to dig. The rocks would cut and scrape at my fingers and knuckles.

"SPEED IT UP MANFRED!! THE ENEMY IS COMING WITH TANKS AND SHIT AND THEY'RE GONNA SPLATTER YOUR SLOW ASS ALL OVER THE DIRT!! " Grimmer shouted

"I'M TRYING MY HARDEST SIR!! I DON'T HAVE CLAWS SIR!! " I shouted.

"DON'T GIVE ME EXCUSES, GIVE ME RESULTS!! YOU MIGHT BE HUMAN TO OTHERS AND YOUR MOMMA BUT HERE, YOU'RE A PUP GIVING ME PATHETIC EXCUSES!! DIG BOY!! DIIIIIG!! " He shouted.

In the end, the others dug their holes to either five or six foot and was in them. Me however, I only dug three foot. My finger tips and knuckles bled from the digging, my arms were covered in dirt, and my uniform was caked in mud. Sergeant grabbed my shoulder and pointed at the fog in the distance.

"Look there soldier, what do you see?" He said.

"The fog sir! " I responded.

"You go in there as is, and you'll be a demon's lunchable! We raid in a week, and if your ass isn't ready, your ass is grass and probably buns for their human happy meal burger! They gonna play your ribcage like a xylophone! Yo leg bones and foot bones are gonna be their back scratcher! They might make you their human chair!" He shouted.

I tried my best not to bust out laughing, aaaand he saw that.

"Am I wearing a clown nose? "

"No sir! "

"Am I on stage with a mic in hand? "

"No sir! "

"Last I checked I was your sergeant and I'm dead serious, NOT A COMEDIAN!! "

"SIR YES SIR!! "

"ON THE GROUND, GIMME FIFTY!! "

Grimmer seemed more unhinged today than usual. Like, completely out of character.

Somehow, some way, my knuckles would heal up later that day, as well as my broken finger nails. I still haven't figured that one out, but i swear i saw them glow one time or another. Probably the fatigue getting to me.

The days have played out this way. I'd always come up short and I'd get punished for it. However, these punishments felt more like failed assassination attempts more than anything. I could tell that my mom wanted to kill grimmer's ass, because I'd always come home with my hands messed up if i didn't sleep in the tent. However, the elder told her it had to be this way for a reason. In time I got strong enough just to barely keep up with the others. Improvising, improving, all through sheer will and strength. Everything was going like normal, doing a special hiking regimen.....that is until we came to a stop in an open area in the woods and grimmer had us line up.

"All of you lil pups have made me proud.... All of you cept you Manfred... However, I am impressed you've made it this far as a human, so I tip my hat to you for that accomplishment! However, you're not hell strong. I'm afraid you're gonna be staying here during our invasion to-" said grimmer, before i cut him off.

"OK that is bullshit! " I shouted.

"Hmmm? Ya disrespecting me soldier? " he said.

"First of all, I didn't enlist in the army, I enlisted in training. Second of all, this training crap you've been dishing out at me is unfair and seems more like outright bullying than being tough on me! " I said.

I seen a smirk stretch across his face as I ranted on.

"You targeted me specifically through the whole week and put me through hell and talked down to me like I'm nothing but yet, they get a pat on the back! " I shouted.

He smirked and then kicked me full force, sending me tumbling in the dirt.

"San! Sir that was too far! You're not supposed to lay hands on-"

Grimmer then picked him up by the throat and flung the young inarian soldier into a tree.

"You think I care? I despise humans and weak inarians..... I hated you San the moment your mangy mutt of a sister brought you here! " he said.

I was shocked by this, but only a little. I had known that it was a racial thing all along.

"So you deliberately put me up to seemingly impossible tasks and tried to kill me on many occasions and made them look like accidents?? The hells the matter with you?? " I said getting up and rubbing where he kicked me.

"Oh if I had my way, I would have killed you in your sleep as a child.... But I was too afraid of your father. He was a veteran after all and took down a yoru in the past, didn't kill it, but sent it running home. " he said pulling out a vibro knife.

"A...a yoru?? The hells that??" I asked, before then, spotting the knife.

Vibro knives are high tech knives that have supersonic vibrations that goes throughout it. Because of these vibrations, they can cut through just about anything like a hot knife through butter.

"But now, without him here. I can gut you like the scumbag you are and use ya as a rug.... " he said grinning from ear to ear like a psycho.

One vule soldier made a break for the elders hut, we were out in the forest so he could have ran there. Until, Grimmer tossed the knife, which was attached to string, at the guy. Poor man had his neck nearly cut in half as he gushed blood and fell over dead.

"Gavin.... He.... He had a mate and a few pups... W.... What is wrong with you!! You genocidal racist madman!! Even to your own kind!!" said a soldier.

"I may be racist and deemed a psychopath.... But I stand for my beliefs. Only the Alpha inarian will rise and rule over the weak. And the weak either become useful, or be killed on the spot. You humans cause war on yourselves over petty things such as resources and politics. Weak minded fools like you.... SHOULD BE TORN TO BITS!! " he said coming at me with his knife.