chapter 49: tale of the cursed child

Long ago, a baby girl was born to the Hishimono family, named Hikaru.

Despite the parents having brunette and black hair, the child was born with blue hair.

The two were worried that it was stillborn, due to it being cold to the touch after birth. The mother recalled that it was like she gave birth to an chunk of ice.

Upon examination however and disturbing the child, it would indeed let out a cry like a baby should. The unusual birth would raise many of brow in the village, but would ultimately be overlooked....that is, until winter came early.

Winter would occur frequently and last many months, causing drought, famine, death of livestock, and merchants not coming to sell their wares, due to snow closing off routes. The village itself was seen as cursed and many would avoid it.

This all happened as soon as the strange child was born.

The village would shun her, treat her and her family horribly, seeing them as outcasts even, even with them living in the village ever since the parents were children.

Despite all this, Mr and Mrs Hishimono would love and cherish their daughter like any parent should. They would use all of their money to buy her nice clothes, the food she liked, and so on, despite circumstances.

However, one day, the villagers banded together to form a mob to kill her and be rid of the wintery climate they were stuck in. This would cause little Hikaru to be scared and overwhelmed. This mixture of feelings would trigger an emotional meltdown and her crying her eyes out.

When she opened her eyes, everything was turned white and covered in snow. The villagers turned into ice sculptures. Her parents who were embracing her to protect her, frozen to the core.

For ages on, she would forever think that a witch was tormenting her and killed the people in her village, orphaned her, and destroyed her village.