The Revelation

It took time to scour through the journals. They were scattered around the three Slytherins as each one had a journal in their hands. Sebastian was working from the seventh year back, Adelaide was working from the beginning, and Ominis was keeping track-writing down any important facts. So far they had created a timeline of major discoveries.

January 20th, 1872

1st eyewitness account for traces of corrupted magic

December 2nd, 1874

2nd eyewitness account for traces of corrupted magic Ground shook beneath Hogwarts

September11th, 1876

1st mention of a set of journals from some Goblin friend. However, Mr. Sallow was unable to speak Gobbledegook.Son of the current Minister of Magic introduced. He's brilliant, but as a Ravenclaw that's to be expected.

October 15th, 1876

Bragbor's journals transcribed, but he's missing one. Tells of a great power hidden somewhere.Amir believes that a type of corrupted magic is stored in several locations

November 1st, 1876

Mr. Sallow begins to worry about how obsessive Amir Spavin is with the idea of ancient magic

February 28th, 1877

Told Amir that it's over, but Mr. Sallow continues his research in secret

July 9th, 1879

Amir has figured out that Sebastian's father continued his research in secret

Adelaide frowned, looking at the list. It was scattered, but she suspected that whereas Sebastian's father was interested in the matter-he didn't put his full time into it. But he was the one who had Bragbor's journals first. And Amir was his student who became obsessive about the power.

"That last date..." Sebastian's face was pale. Adelaide could see a bead of sweat forming against his forehead-was he feeling sick?

Ominis nodded. "I know. You don't have to say it."

Adelaide must've looked too curious because Sebastian spoke bleakly, "My parents died that day."

"Do you think Amir had something to do with it?" She asked quietly.

It appeared that the thought hadn't crossed his mind. "That's ridiculous." His voice was still bleak, but a little hollow at the same time. He was detached, adding everything up in his head. "There was just an issue with the lamp. It filled the room. It smelled terrible-i wouldn't let Anne come down. It was just an issue with the lamp."

Ominis' mouth tightened. "Seb. Amir figured out your father had been doing years of research in secret. Is it a far stretch to think he wanted it for himself?"

"You mean to tell me," Sebastian said slowly with pain evident in his voice, "That Amir Spavin killed my parents?"

Adelaide's heart clenched at the broken boy in front of her that was trying so hard to appear strong and resilient. But she could see the ghost of the seven year old who lost his parents. "We can't be sure, but it's a possibility."