Reigning Chaos

Neither of them were sure what they'd see returning back to the Common Room. But it had been hours since they were gone and there were two students cleaning up all of the decorations, spilled punch, and confetti. Anne looked up as they came into view and Ominis once he heard their footsteps approaching.

"Where have you two been?" Anne put her hands on her hips.

"Potions Classroom." Adelaide said simply.

Ominis snorted inwardly, "They were probably too busy ripping each other clothes off to find the serum, isn't that right Adelaide?"

"Don't mistake us with you two." Her hands flew to her mouth.

It was silent.

Sebastian blinked, processing the information before removing her hands. "Explain what you just said."

"Ominis and Anne had s-" Anne had dropped the broom and was now covering Adelaide's mouth.

More silence.

"She tried the Veritaserum, didn't she?" Ominis said dryly, taking a step back.

Sebastian took a step forward, "That would be the case."

"You're going to kick my arse, aren't you?" He grimaced, holding his wand out.

Sebastian took another step forward, "That would be the case."

"Arrestum Momentum." The cast hit Sebastian as he watched with a pissed off expression as Anne released Adelaide.

She looked at him with a stern expression. "You missed your chance. We're both 18 and I can have relations with anyone I so please. So you do not get to be over protective right now, Ominis only treats me with respect."

"It's true. She's the older woman, I was taken advantage of." Ominis smiled innocently.

Adelaide giggled causing Sebastian's eyes to snap to her. "What's so funny?"

"You getting mad at them for having romantic relations yet you say naughty stuff to me all the time. You're a hypocrite." She didn't say it because she was under the truth serum still and he knew that. She meant it regardless.

Anne grinned along with her lover, but Sebastian's frown deepened into a scowl. "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Then close your eyes." Anne remarked, "I'm cured. I get to have a life. Let me make my own choices and learn from them."

Adelaide used her magic to rid the cast so Sebastian could move freely. She joined him and hugged his side, "Is this over now? Because we have news."

"I'm going to be an Uncle?" Ominis joked.

"Not yet." She heard Sebastian cough to hide his laugh, "Professor Sharp caught us stealing the potion." She explained to the two Slytherin students what had transpired in the classroom and how Professor Sharp was now on their side.

Anne sat down, looking bewildered. "I always knew he was my favorite Professor."

"That'll make it quite easy." Ominis reflected, leaning his hip against back of the loveseat, "Then there's nothing to do now until the Yule Ball, correct?"

Sebastian shook his head, "There have to be some precaution measures to take, right?"

"Like what?" Adelaide sat down across from Anne, feeling tired. She also wanted the effects of the truth serum to be over.

He shrugged, "You know not to go anywhere alone for any reason."

"I know that." Adelaide scrunched her nose. "I won't let him get the best of me again."