This is getting ridiculous

40 minutes later

"Feels like we've done this already." You commented as Nines smirked at you, once again he was adjusting your bullet proof vest making sure that you would be safe. "Yes I do recall me having to do this once before, it almost like it happened quite recently." Nines replied, jokingly, as his lips pulled up into a proper smile this time.

"I secretly just enjoy watching you put one on me, I don't actually need one." You joked before lifting your eyes to look towards the direction of Connor and Hank. Both of them were huddled near together talking. "Ah, I see." Nines mumbled as he continued to tighten and adjust the vest.

"Nines... are you feeling okay?" You asked genuinely curious on how he was feeling about what was about to go down. "I am scared... I am scared that there is a chance we have been mislead. I am scared that there is a chance that one of us could be hurt. But most of all I am terrified of meeting the leader if she is there." Nines answered as he seemed to zone out, he did seem like he was quite calm but obviously that was just a facade.

"I'm gonna be here the whole time, and this time... you actually get your own gun." You said as you picked up the gun that Fowler had ordered you to take.

He'd specifically said he didn't care if it was against the rules, you thought it was actually because he liked Connor and Nines and didn't want to see them die because they're unarmed. He also said if any of you told anyone you'd lose your job. He seemed to be enjoying threatening peoples jobs today.

"Yes, I am surprised that the Captain is going against the law. That is what he has done legally I am not allowed to have my own gun, when I had yours it was different." Nines said as he glanced down at your hand that held the gun. "You gonna arrest him?" You asked looking at Nines's face to see him shake his head at you.

"I am not, no, I actually appreciate that he has allowed me to have one." Nines stated as he finally finished fiddling with your vest, he pulled himself away seeming to admire his own handy work. "May you help me with mine now?"

"Yep, of course." You said as you placed the gun back down and waited for Nines to put the vest on so you could help adjust his. "How are you feeling?" Nines asked as he peered down at you, his question was hard to answer for you.

"I don't know... I'm ready to try and end all of this. But I'm worried that it won't. What if she's not there? What if there's a bunch of them that don't go to the clubs? What if it just continues?" You posed all of these questions to Nines who grabbed one of your hands that was sorting his bullet proof vest out.

He glanced behind him towards Connor and Hank before turning back and raising your hand to his lips, he pressed soft kisses to each of your knuckles. The gesture genuinely calming you down, he always seemed to know how to calm you down.

"Do not dwell on things that may not be true, I am sure this is the last of them. If she is not there we will not stop until she is found." Nines declared as soon as he pulled your hand away from his lips and let you get back to what you were doing. "It's hard... because there's always a chance... thank you for calming me down." You thanked as Nines smiled at you, your conversation with him ended there and you soon heard Hank and Connor approaching the both of you.

"Why didn't you help me with mine?!" Hank yelled at Connor when he saw you helping Nines.

"You did not ask for my help, besides it is fine. Stop whining." Connor grumbled as he appeared by your side, out of the corner of your eye you saw that Connor had already tucked away the gun that was given to him. "Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah, Nines just needs to tuck this away." You told Connor and you grabbed the gun and held it out to Nines.

He took it from you and started to sort himself out, you looked over to Hank and realised that he was actually coming in with you this time.