I promise you...

"Maybe it was a mistake. Delivery to the wrong address." You suggested but part of you had a bad feeling about it, that rarely happened nowadays. "I am highly doubtful of it." Nines breathed out as you nodded your head knowing it was very unlikely.

"Should we... we move closer?" You asked Nines as you looked towards him, he instantly looked down at you and tilted his head to the side.

"We should perhaps approach it." Nines said as he gripped onto your hand, tightly, the two of you then slowly moved closer towards to your front door. "Nope yep, that's definitely a box." You declared as the box came into your view more.

Nines stopped walking which made you stop too, the two of you just stared at the box. You could hear your heartbeat in your own ears. The biggest question still running through your head.

Why was there a box on your doorstep?

"You stay here, I shall go and see what is in there." Nines stated but you refused to let go of his hand when he tried to pull it away, you couldn't believe he wanted to go over to it alone.

'Is he stupid?' You wondered to yourself.

"No fucking way." You told him as the two of you looked at each other, he looked irritated and you were the same. "Y/N, we need to know-"

"Have you ever seen one of those films where a box is left on the doorstep and when they open it, it's something really bad?" You questioned Nines who frowned at you and creased his eyebrows together in confusion. "No I have not, I have only watched films with you. None of them like that." Nines answered with the confusion still on his face.

"Exactly, but I have and when it's something bad someone always gets hurt. I don't want you to get hurt." You gave Nines a serious look trying to warn him not to argue with you on this, but you already knew for a fact he would. "And I do not want you to get hurt, you will feel pain. I do not. Whether you like it or not I am opening that box alone." Nines declared with one of his own don't argue looks on his face, except unlike yours his was actually quite scary.

"I'm not going to win this one am I?" You asked instantly receiving a shake of Nines's head in response. "Fine... promise me you'll be careful."

"I shall be very careful, I promise." Nines said as he held his pinky finger out to you, to make a pinky promise with you. You linked your pinky with his as you both squeezed.

Seconds later Nines had let go and moved away from you, making his way towards the box on your doorstep. You paid as much attention as you could to what he was doing, every single movement he made you watched. Nines climbed up the steps before he knelt down in front of it.

"It seems... normal." Nines called out to you so you took a singular step towards him, hoping he wouldn't notice that you had done so. "Just because it looks normal doesn't mean it is." You pointed out, sounding almost harsh but you were just nervous.

"Stay there... I am going to open the box." Nines said as he held his hand up to you, indicating for you to stay there.

Could you really let him do this alone?

"Stop! Let me come closer at least." You begged Nines who looked back towards you, you could see his LED had been glowing bright red this whole time. "Please... but only to the bottom step." Nines responded as you rushed towards the steps by your front door.

The moment you stopped there he reached out to the box, it wasn't sealed by tape or anything, the flaps of the box were just tucked into each other to make it close. Nines started to pull it open and you felt like you needed to hold your breath, so you did.