Okay, what the hell is going on?

1 hour 34 minutes later.

"Definitely this?" You asked Nines as you gestured to your current outfit, you'd already tried four other outfits on. "Yes most definitely this one, the others were fine too though. You just did not like them." Nines reassured as you glared at him for pointing that fact out.

"I did like them... I just- I don't have to explain myself to you." You grumbled as you folded your arms over your chest, this only made Nines raise an eyebrow at you. "You are right you do not have to, I am not sure why you care what you wear to this." Nines commented, the closer it got to the time for Hank and Connor to come and get you both, Nines had gotten progressively moodier.

"Nines... you're doing it again." You pointed out to him like he had asked you to.

"I apologise, I know you just like to look good. Which you have achieved flawlessly." Nines complimented as you rolled your eyes at him, you knew he was just trying to butter you up. "Don't lie to me, Nines." You mumbled as you moved towards the door of your bedroom, Nines stood and slowly followed behind you.

"I am not lying to you, you do look good. I am just not in a good mood which is affecting how I act." Nines sighed, this made you stop just outside your bedroom and turn to look at Nines.

He had stopped in the doorway and looked at you with a questioning look in his eyes, he obviously didn't know why you had stopped.

"It's okay, Nines, it's fine to not be in a good mood. I understand it, but I've just never seen you this moody before." You explained to Nines who blew out an unneeded breath, his LED flashing between yellow and red. "I am sorry... I do not want to be moody. It is just after the other day with RK800 I do not want to see him, I am still angry with what he said and did." Nines told you as he shifted on his feet, you knew Nines wasn't in a good mood.

You didn't have to be an Android to figure that one out.

"I am too... I'm annoyed that he's been acting like nothing happened. But I'm just worried about you at the moment." You breathed out as you stepped towards Nines and threw your arms around him. "Do not worry about me, I shall be okay. I just need to make sure that I ignore him as much as I can." Nines reassured you, his arms wrapping themselves around you, returning the hug.

"I'm still going to worry about you, Nines." You muttered as you squeezed him tightly, one of his hands started to glide itself up and down your back. "I know you shall, but I promise I will be okay. I still want to enjoy the evening with you and the Lieutenant." Nines said his voice slightly muffled because he had buried his face into your hair.

"Then you gotta turn that frown upside down." You commented, it was such a stupid saying you knew that but the moment laughter left Nines it made it worth it.

"I shall do exactly that for you, but Y/N, if RK800 starts anything tonight I shall not keep my thoughts inside my head. I will... what's the term... rip him a new anus?"

"That is... that's the one." You snorted, Nines still tried to avoid swearing as much as possible already.

He was so used to holding it in it just seemed normal for him.

But it really did tickle you.

"If he does start then I won't stop you, maybe Hank can wind his neck in for us." You told Nines as you both pulled away from one another, you still had plenty to do before leaving.

"You should finish getting ready, we have fourteen minutes until they are expected to arrive." Nines stated as he smiled softly at you, with that you continued back towards the living room.