Let me do it.

That evening

"You know, you don't have to wear your uniform." You pointed out to Nines who had just put his left arm into his jacket.

"I am aware. I just refuse to dress nice around RK800." Nines responded as you paused what you were doing and stared at Nines, who hadn't noticed. After thirty seconds of silence Nines looked over at you his eyes widening, "Why are you staring at me?"

"I'm just confused..." You mumbled, watching as Nines's LED flashed between yellow and red.

"Why?"

"Because you said you won't dress nice around him, but you look nice in your uniform." You commented with a shrug, before then going back to what you were doing.

"Then I must change. Do I have any ugly clothes?" Nines asked with a huff as he pulled his uniform jacket off, you knew he'd be difficult when it came to being around Connor again.

"Nines. No offence but you're acting like a child." You pointed out as you folded your arms over your chest.

This time it was Nines's turn to stop and just stare at you, you could tell he was really thinking about it.

"You are right, I am being very immature. I should not stoop to that level. However I am sticking to wearing my uniform." Nines declared as he made the noise of clearing his throat even though there was no need for it. "I apologise."

"Don't be such a dummy... you don't have to apologise." You laughed as he glanced over at you and shrugged.

"I do not know what is wrong with me Y/N, every time I think about spending time around RK800 I feel enraged and petty." Nines sighed as he angrily put his jacket back on, he really looked annoyed with himself.

"It's because you don't like him, it's perfectly normal when you don't like someone. But you need to learn how to be civil with him, be the bigger Android." You told him as you slapped him on the arm, which made him give you a funny look.

"But I am bigger than him? In height and size..." Nines mumbled as you rolled your eyes at him.

"I mean don't be petty to his face only behind his back." You re-explained for him.

"Oh... I can do that." Nines beamed as he planted a wide smile onto his face. "I shall go and quickly get changed... and be the bigger Android."

With that Nines moved around you and disappeared further into the house, shaking your head to yourself, you continued to get ready yourself.

'He's such a weird Android...' You thought to yourself, you'd had this thought about him so many times and you knew it would never change.

Nines would always be weird.

"Nines! Don't take too long! We have to leave!" You called out to him, you were too busy being distracted by Nines' weirdness to even think.

"I will not be long." Nines called back out to you.

Picking up your phone from the side you checked your messages to see a text from Hank.

Got beer, don't be long or I'll drink it all.

"Of course... trust Hank to buy beers... for himself." You mumbled knowing that they'd all be gone by the time you and Nines got there.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" You heard Nines ask from behind you, making you almost jump out of your skin.

"I wasn't... okay I was but not because I'm crazy!"
You rambled watching as Nines raised an eyebrow at you.

"I was not going to suggest that you are crazy? I was just wondering." Nines commented as he kept his eyebrow raised at you, slowly starting to scoot past you. Now he was looking at you like you were crazy.