You need to try to sleep

1 hour and 36 minutes later

"Hm, would you like to order some clothes for yourself now? Or perhaps do it later... when you are feeling better?" Nines questioned you, you had been mentally preparing yourself the entire time you had been watching the film. "Later... I want to talk to you." You told Nines as you looked up at him, his eyes were wide like he couldn't believe that you had said a full sentence to him.

"T-That... yes of course." Nines muttered, the surprise in his voice completely evident.

"I'm sorry I went silent, I just... I don't know... maybe it was the shock... no it definitely was." You stammered, still you were finding it hard to speak, your voice was still broken and weak. You were hoping that Nines would understand how you were struggling.

"Y/N, calm down... it is okay. Take your time. We have the rest of the day, there is no need to rush. I am here for you." Nines told you in a reassuring way, you loved that he actually understood how you were feeling.

"No, it's not fair... I was only thinking of myself... I didn't even consider how you were probably feeling." You said, your voice sounding shaky.

Finally the guilt started to sink in, you really had only been thinking of yourself at first. It wasn't just you that she threatened. It was both of you. She wanted to kill both of you.

"Y/N! Stop! It is okay... you just found out that they had been stalking us and then hearts were outside your house in a box. The house is where humans feel safe, it is where you can be yourself and not think about work. But now work was delivered to your doorstep in a way." Nines shifted his body so that you were now both facing each other, while still being close to each other.

Some of the things he said were correct, this was the second time you had work at your house. Not feeling safe in your own home was terrifying.

"Our house. And our doorstep you mean." You pointed out that it was also Nines's house, you meant that it was his too.

"It was yours first, Y/N, please talk to me about how you feel. I promise I shall tell you how I am feeling after." Nines promised as he held his left pinky out to you, he wanted to make a pinky promise.

You knew you needed to tell him.

You had been thinking of the words this whole time.

But the thought of verbalising them scared you.

Hesitantly you raised your pinky and connected it with Nines's, sealing the promise.

"I'm scared Nines... I'm so scared..." You squeaked out before you felt tears roll down your cheeks. "I've been threatened so much throughout my career but not like this, not by someone who controlled a group of killers."

"Come here." Is all Nines said as he reached out to you, then pulled you into himself, the tears continued to roll down your face. "What if she finds us?" You asked through a sob, everyone was so sure you'd be safe here.

But what if you weren't?

"She will not, if she does I will kill her. You can say what you like but I will not let her hurt you, no one gets to do that." Nines stated his voice filled with anger, you weren't sure why he was angry there was so many reasons he could be.

"But she might try to kill you." You pointed out as you raised your head to look up at Nines, his LED was blazing red and his eyes were filled with a mix of worry and anger.

"She will not, I am a highly advanced Android. I have already assessed every possible access point to this room. I have a plan for all of them, I have run through every possible scenario and all of them end in her being apprehended." Nines explained to you, you could see the seriousness in his eyes and face.