Retrieving Red

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂You were all waiting in the command center, when Lance and Hunk finally entered, both of them groaning in pain

You were all waiting in the command center, when Lance and Hunk finally entered, both of them groaning in pain.

"You made it!" Allura cheered, clasping her hands together in glee.
Lance rolled his shoulder, stretching and cracking his bones, "Yeah, just barely. That was a nightmare! I almost puked out there, I felt like Hunk!"

"Think how I felt," Hunk said, scratching the back of his neck, "I am Hunk!"

"Yeah, we had a tough time too." Pidge grinned, sharing looks with Shiro, who smiled at her.

You sneaked a glance at Keith, who stood next to you with his arms crossed. Before he noticed your glance and turned his head to you, you quickly looked elsewhere. The memories of the arguments and his words on the mission came back again, making you feel uneasy.

You thought back to what Allura said about the Gray Lions pilot. "Connects deeply with people". Yeah right, you thought. That is definitely not the case.

Suddenly, a holographic screen appeared in front of you all, making you realize that you zoned out again and missed half of the conversation.

On the screen, a purple alien appeared, his one eye made out of metal.

"Princess Allura, this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire."

You felt your muscles tighten, stiff with fear. Ok, this is really happening.

"I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the known Universe. I am here to confiscate the lions. Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet."

After that, the screen disappeared, leaving you all dumbfounded in silence for a few seconds, before Shiro broke it.

"All right, let's not panic."

"Not panic?" Hunk asked, pointing at where the holographic transmission appeared just a few seconds ago. "The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us. We only have five lions."

"Technically, only four working lions," Pidge corrected.

"That's right, thank you Pidge," he said, patting Pidge's shoulder before walking off into the middle of the room. "Four working lions and a castle that's like 10,000 years old."

"Actually, it's 10,600 years old," Coran interrupted. "You see, it was built by my grandfather-"
"Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that. See? Now is the perfect time for panic!"

"Wait! This castle has a particle barrier we can activate," Allura interjected, looking at you all.

"Girl, you've already activated my par-" "Lance!"

In front of you, another holographic image appeared, showing the battle ship of the Galra. You took a step forward, wanting to get a closer look at it. A part of it lit up in red, it was some sort of cannon.