Training

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂You have tossed and turned in your bed for what felt like eternity when you finally faced the fact that despite you being completely exhausted, there was no way for you to fall asleep again

You have tossed and turned in your bed for what felt like eternity when you finally faced the fact that despite you being completely exhausted, there was no way for you to fall asleep again. You groaned in annoyance and slowly propped yourself up on your mattress. Every single part of your body was aching in pain, especially your rib. It must have been because of the exercise yesterday, you figured. You rarely worked out or ran as much in a day before and the pain you felt right now made that as clear as day.

What time was it? You got up to get your phone when you remembered you completely shut it off last night. So whatever time it was, you didn't know and would not find out anytime soon because you couldn't be bothered to turn it on again.

Opening the door to your bathroom, you took a look inside, once again realizing what situation you found yourself in right now. You stood there for a few seconds, looking nowhere and lost in thought, until you snapped out of it and went over to the sink. "This is just crazy...," you said to yourself as you put the toothpaste on your brush and wet it under the sink. You brushed and brushed, slightly bopping your head to a song in your head.

This was so surreal, you never would have thought you'd get to experience doing your morning routine in outer space. And who would've thought aliens used toothbrushes too...

You looked around the bathroom and saw the bathtub. Should you? You considered it for a few seconds before deciding that yes, you should. You turned on the hot water and let it pour in. Your aching body would thank you later for this.

After washing your face off and tossing your clothes to the floor, you slowly let yourself sink in the hot water. You had to get used to it at first but it quickly became bearable and then just absolutely heavenly. You felt your tense muscles relax and the pain almost disappear after the first few minutes in. You slowly moved your arms around in the water, watching the waves splash against the walls of the tub. It's been to long since you had a proper bath since the Garrison only had showers.

When you first got there a few years ago, the baths were the only thing you really missed from home. It was hard getting used to it since that was your favorite part of the week. Leaving home and your mother was worth losing your bath time though. It was better for the both of you.

Looking at the warped reflection of your face in the water, you thought back to your childhood. People always told you that you two looked so much alike. Now that you saw yourself, with bags under your eyes and an absolutely miserable expression, it was more noticeable to you than ever before. You laughed at that, realizing how insulting that sounded in your head.

You slowly slid back in your tub until your nose was barely above the water. Then you submerged your entire head in it, keeping your eyes open and slowly blowing the air out of your mouth. You watched the bubbles travel to the top until you barely had any breath left.