Reunited

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂"Let's just head back," Keith instructed

"Let's just head back," Keith instructed. You looked back to the planet- the blackness engulfing the whole atmosphere- and felt nothing but grief for the civilians that had been completely wiped out by now. You wondered if there had been a way to prevent this.

You turned your lion around, pushing the steering handles forward sluggishly as you made your way back to your hangar. Coran was waiting for you already on the bridge.

"I wonder what caused this thing to happen," Pidge mumbled under her breath. You saw her extract some samples of the air earlier so you knew she was already thinking about experimenting with it and solving that question of hers herself.

"No idea."

A spot on the map before you popped up. You thought it was the distress signal of the planet for a second, but it was moving towards you.

"What is this?" you asked Keith.

"Give me a second, I'll open a channel."

You leaned back in your chair, Keith had left the comms to figure it out now. Maybe it was another stranded person again? Or some sort of signal amplifier.

You closed your eyes and focused on the humming feeling of Red in the back of your mind. It felt different than Gray, but you couldn't really put your finger on what it was exactly. A sigh escaped your lips.

You felt Red reassuring you and you thanked her mentally. She was really a sweet one once you got closer to her.

At first you had trouble getting her to slow down and she wasn't exactly helping you handle her in any way. Over time, though, you learned to adapt to it. Red probably didn't want you to hold back, since her speed was one of her strengths.

Maybe she took offence to that, which made her harder to tame. You only understood it in hindsight though.

She reminded you of Keith a lot actually. You really thought he fit her better than you, but then again, the lions would know better. It was the same thing with Gray and you did end up bonding with her quickly so that was that.

"Guys, head back to the hangars quickly and meet me on the bridge."

"Mh?" You sat up straight in your chair after what Keith said. It sounded urgent. You just hoped everything was alright.

You quickly landed Red in her hangar and made your way to the bridge. Keith was already there, talking to Coran and instructing him to open a hangar.

"What's going on Keith?" you asked, jogging over to where he stood. He turned around to you, his hand combing through his mullet as he descended the steps and took you into a sudden hug.

"He's back," he said, pressing your back into the hug. "He's actually back."

You were too surprised to reciprocate and before you could, he already let you go. "Wait, who? Do you mean..?"