A ceremony

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂"Ok, the pods are ready, get in paladins," Coran instructed

"Ok, the pods are ready, get in paladins," Coran instructed.

Keith and you made your way into one of them.

"I'll fly," he said and let himself drop into the seat. Judging by the way he didn't even look at you, you guessed it was not a suggestion or up for discussion.

"Sure, whatever," you mumbled under you breath and plopped yourself next to him on the floor. It was painfully quiet after that, none of you saying even a word, the only things to be heard were an occasional sigh from you and him shifting in his seat. It was honestly boring, sitting in silence like that. Had you gone with Lance, you would have at least had something to talk about, even if it could be quite overwhelming sometimes. His conversations went all over the place, jumping from one topic to another without finishing the former.

You tried to secretly sneak a glance at him. He had locked his eyes on the floor in front of him, probably lost in thought.

You took a closer look at his face. You remembered his features being a little softer than they are now. That probably changed due to maturing, you figured.

It has been one and a half years since you've last seen him. Everyone changed in that much time, you did too.

You only noticed it a while ago when you looked at your old pictures from detention. When you all had cleaning duty on the campus, someone sneaked a polaroid camera with them. You and Keith were on some photos too, although not voluntarily on his part. You still had one of you both on the back of your phone case.

It was flipped as to not show the picture itself though. You feared that teachers would see and find out about the camera-sneaking in detention. Lance said you were being too paranoid when you told him, Hunk and Pidge, but you just didn't want to risk getting the picture confiscated.

A while ago, you took the picture out the phone case and realized how much you had actually changed. Your body matured, becoming more curvy and you got taller as well.

Your face changed too, it was not as chubby anymore.

You continued eyeing Keith, assuming he was still lost in thought.

His jawline has become rather sharp and his hair looked as soft as always. You smiled at the memories of when you grabbed his hair in the past. It annoyed him, but you could not help it.

"Are you done staring?" Keith asked, shifting again in his seat.

"Huh? Sorry, I thought you didn't notice," you apologized.

"Mhh," was all he replied, and then the silence continued.

"Do you remember detention back at the Garrison?" you asked him to change the subject, but he didn't answer.

Instead, he turned his head away from yours.

Ok, fine.

It felt like an eternity with him in the cockpit until Coran released you from the awkward quietness.