Allies pt2

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂

"I don't think this is necessary."

Shiro looked to Allura, who seemed not as amused. The expression of her face couldn't have made it more obvious how distrusting she was towards Ulaz. You kind of understood where she was coming from but looking at how he sat there, his hands cuffed, you felt ungrateful. After all, he saved your friend and leader.

"I will not have some quiznacking Galra soldier on the bridge of my ship," Allura replied, her arms crossed.

"If I wanted to kill you," Ulaz spoke, eyes on the ground, "you'd be dead already."

It made sense. He was way more skilled than you and the others. During your fight, he mostly deflected attacks but didn't do anything to seriously injure you.

"Are your Galra threats supposed to win my trust?" Allura argued back, looking even more upset now.

"I'm not trying to win your trust," he answered, his gaze still on the ground, "I'm trying to win a war. And because of Shiro-," he looked up to him, "we are closer than we've ever been. Our gamble on you paid off better than we could have ever imagined."

So Shiro's escape was all due to Ulaz' estimation that his survival would pay off in the war. It was weird to imagine. If the Blue Lion had been anywhere else than Earth, you would've never seen him again and you'd know nothing of Voltron now.

"When you released me," Shiro spoke up, "you also mentioned that there were others working with you."

"Yes," Ulaz replied, "we are called the Blade of Marmora."

You exhaled, thinking it all over. If that organization is full of Galra people, few of who work inside Zarkon's ships as spies like Ulaz once did, you'd have a good chance of defeating Zarkon by attacking him inside his own home. The Blade of Marmora used their advantage well but you wondered why they haven't succeeded yet, it's been ten thousand years after all. Maybe this whole thing was way more complex than you thought.

Ulaz explained the details of the base he was stationed at, offering to let you visit. "It lies dead ahead."

"Behind all the xanthorium clusters?" Pidge asked.

"No, right in front of it. In a hidden pocket of space-time."

Coran scanned the surroundings upon hearing the explanation, telling you that he detected some anomalies on his screen.

"Just head straight for the center of the xanthorium cluster. You will see."

As if the team wasn't distrusting him enough, he was now telling you to fly straight into an explosive cluster that would destroy the whole ship. You really trusted him, especially because Shiro did, but you could already tell by the faces the others made that you two were alone with this.