Home pt2

꧁────────♡-♡-♡────────꧂

"Goodbye, I'll miss you guys."

You hugged Elian and Lexi tightly before it was time to say goodbye. Since their conversation with Matt, the both of them had been accepted into the rebellion and were now being taken to their base to undergo some basic training. Matt's teammates readied their pods to take them with them; where their new lives would begin.

"We'll see you soon enough, right?" Lexi asked as she patted your back. Elian nodded before saying, "I'm sure we'll get to visit once there's a new mission coming up, right?"

You nodded in confirmation. "Of course, we're going to have plenty opportunities to meet again in the future. We're all part of an alliance now, after all."

It left you feeling a little weird, having them all leave after you've experienced the Zirakal together, or rather part of it. It was like this traumatic event all bonded you together but now everyone was going their own ways again. The others were all going home soon also; Lance and Hunk were preparing everything for it right this moment.

Well, except for Xyra. You convinced the others to let her stay at the Castle for now. You needed her for what you had planned, the revenge. With Lotor potentially as the new Leader and Xyra, who was pretty close to the whole event, you'd find the participants in no time and serve them what they deserved.

Someone exited the pod and waved Lexi and Elian over. "Time to go guys!"

You said your goodbyes quickly and stepped away from the spaceship's ramp while the both of them went the opposite way inside.

Only one of the ships would stay for Matt to join them later on when the trade with Zarkon was done.

You watched as the ramp lifted, closing them off from the outer world. Seconds later, the engine's fired up and the whole thing lifted off the ground. The glass didn't allow you to see inside but you were sure they were waving to you so you did the same until they were completely out of sight.

You sighed deeply before deciding to return to your room. Your work was done for now.

Your heavy steps echoed across the walls of your path. You walked past a hall where some people were gathered so you waved and smiled politely as you passed them. Lance was sitting beside them on the floor, arms resting on his knees while he spoke. You knew he was a real people-person; he could uplift others with such ease and entertain people for hours on end.

Maybe it came from him being surrounded by so many relatives growing up, having to get along with his younger siblings and all that. Or maybe that was just the way he naturally was, a social butterfly. Now was the time for his talent to really shine, you noticed. Together with Hunks easy-going personality, the both of them were perfectly fit for this job.

You saw Hunk handing out little snacks in the back of the room before you passed the entrance completely. Everyone was smiling in gratitude, congratulating his great cooking skills.