Chapter 33

What?~

"Do what now?" Yeonjun asked Dumah after she had explained to them all that Taehyun and Evelyn were now linked by their souls, but that it wasn't like what Yeonjun and Evelyn's bond was like...?

"You can search it up, even humans have some knowledge on platonic soulmate bonds," Dumah replied.

"How did this happen?" Yeonjun questioned.

"There was already a link between the two of them, it only grew stronger after Taehyun tied pieces of her soul to him. I first felt a bond between them when I was preserving her body. I was able to feel all the connections she had with everyone she had ever met."

Yeonjun really didn't know how to feel about this news...

"I had no idea about any of this, Yeonjun," Taehyun said, he really didn't want his friend to feel off towards him at all.

"I understand," Yeonjun said with a small smile towards his friend. He did understand, just like his bond with Evelyn. It was just there. Yeonjun always knew there was some kind of bond between them. Taehyun had been the one to really be there for Evelyn from the start.

"I think I should add something to this before Evelyn wakes up... I think this may affect a few things." Huening Kai said, his expression one of guilt and concern.

"What is it?" Dumah asked, she didn't think there was anything else to add.

"I saw a few things when I was searching in Andromalius' soul for the pieces of Evelyn's... I'm just not sure if it was something that had really happened or if he was trying to throw me off."

Huening Kai stood up and walked over to Dumah. Huening Kai knew the best way to show everyone firsthand what he saw, was to show their angel boss.

Dumah opened her eyes after she saw what Huening Kai had seen. "I think I should take a look at her mind to be able to see if that is real or not." The angel really hoped it was not real, but sadly it would explain why some parts of Evelyn's soul were dim.

"What's going on now?" Yeonjun was about tired of bad news popping up right after they learned Evelyn was alive.

"Hopefully it was just Andromalius playing games with Huening Kai," Dumah replied, not giving anything away until she was sure about what had happened.

Once again they all pile into Evelyn's room. The poor girl had still not stirred at all.

Dumah placed her hand on Evelyn's forehead and closed her eyes, searching her mind for any memory of what had happened to her while parts of her were locked away in the demon.

Dumah let out a sigh as she pulled away from Evelyn. "It really did happen to her..." She said to Huening Kai, the younger angel feeling his heart squeeze at the thought of Evelyn going through those mental games.

"What really happened?" Yeonjun was now growing impatient about what the two angels knew and had yet to tell the rest of them.

Dumah raised her hand and showed them what she had seen in Evelyn's mind.

Once Yeonjun came too, he felt sick to his stomach, as well as pissed off. "Why would they do that to her?" He questioned as he fought to keep himself calm.

"Probably to get her to shy away from you..." Dumah replied.

"Those fuckers." Yeonjun yelled as he got to his feet, he was fed up with Andromalius messing around with him and Evelyn.

Taehyun kept his eyes on the floor as he played Evelyn's memories over and over again in his head. He could almost feel her fear every time she would see Yeonjun's face. He felt bad for his friends. He wanted so badly to take all their pain and troubles away from them. Taehyun would easily put himself and their place if he could.

"Can't we just take her memories of it away?" Yeonjun asked as he calmed himself down a little when the thought came to him. Only for his anger to come back when Dumah shook her head.

"I can't... She wasn't in her body, there for those memories aren't in her brain... those memories are etched into her soul."

Yeonjun let out a cuss as he stood to his feet and left the room, he couldn't take any more bad news right now.

Beomgyu felt bad as he watched Yeonjun leave. Everyone in the room thought the hard part was over, but it was nowhere near that. He let out a sigh as he stood up. He bid his angel boss goodbye and headed for his room.

Soobin ran a hand down his face as he tried to think over everything that had happened that day. It was just another mess.

Huening Kai felt bad for bringing this all up, but he knew it was better to let everyone know before she woke up and acted differently than how she used to.

She would act differently, seeing as she was immortal now. Not to even mention the fact she had two different demons messing around in her soul.

Taehyun knew how Yeonjun was feeling, slightly. He was just as upset about what had been done to Evelyn, but it wasn't Taehyun's face that had been used to torture Evelyn with. So, there was no way for Taehyun to know exactly how Yeonjun was feeling at the moment.

"I'm sorry there isn't anything I can do to help," Dumah said as she looked over the three that were still in the room.

They all offer her an understanding smile.

"You did all you could, thank you," Soobin said he knew as a leader himself how she may feel. She may wish to fix everything for them, but there were even things angels couldn't do.

"If you need anything else, you know how to reach me."

"Of course, let me walk you out." Soobin and Huening Kai walk her out of the room.

Taehyun stood up and walked over to Evelyn's bed, reaching down and running his finger down her cheek. He was so glad to feel that she was finally warm. She was finally alive and breathing again, but that meant the start of a new complicated chapter for her.

"All we can do is stand by your side as always and help you get through it all." He whispered to her.