Chapter 77

Meeting pt1~

The only sound that could be heard in the small private room of the airport was my foot tapping at a fast steady pace.

Yeonjun glanced over at me and then he lays a hand on my knee. "You okay?" He asked under his breath.

I bite my bottom lip and then let out a sigh, knowing I was probably about to sound silly as hell. "I'm scared of the flight." I admit looking away from him.

"No reason to be ashamed of being scared to fly. I admit, I get worried sometimes too. I don't have control like I do when I'm using my wings, but don't worry. We're immortal." He said with a small smirk.

I roll my eyes and push his shoulder a little. I knew we wouldn't die if we crashed but, that did not ease my nerves.

In fact, as we were called to board our plane my nerves took off to higher levels.

This is ridiculous. I think to myself. I had went head first into demon fights. I have faced down demon much stronger then me. Heck, I was planning on killing a demon lord. But, flying was too much?

As we all settle into our seats, I conclude that flying really was that hard.

"Give me your hand." Yeonjun said from the seat next to me.

I place my hand in his and watch as he intertwines our fingers together. Not a second later and I felt a wave of calm wash over me. "I can just hold your hand until your nerves calm down." He looked from our hands to my eyes and smiled brightly at me.

I open my mouth and then shut it as a bubble of happiness rose up in my throat. "Thank you." I say after I cleared my throat.

~~

As soon as we stepped off the plane, I didn't know if I wanted to jump for joy, or fall to my knees and kiss the dirty floor of the airport.

"You're so dramatic sometimes, Evelyn." Taehyun said with a laugh as I said my thoughts out loud.

"Please, do not kiss the ground. My lips touch yours." Yeonjun commented as he walked up to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me after him.

We walk a few feet to join Soobin who had left the plane before us to speak with a few people from the local team.

Yeonjun let my hand go and stepped up to the slightly younger men. I watched as they all took turns doing manly handshakes.

When they turn to me, I stand a little straighter and subconsciously fix my hoodie.

"Guy's this is Evelyn, I'm sure you have heard about her." Soobin said and waves his hand for me to step closer.

I bring my hand up and wave a little while greeting them.

"This is the oldest of the group, Heeseung, He was the one I told you about before that I had trained." Soobin continued, pride evident in his voice. The man that was still tucked under his arm had a shade of dull red hair that was styled into slight waves that came down to right below his eye level. His features had a perfect mixture of sharp and soft, making him very handsome. Something that seemed to be common among the supernatural it seemed.

His partner that was a bit shorter then him was just as strikingly handsome. His features were a bit softer compared to Heeseung's though. His hair was black and in a simple style that kept it out of his eyes.

"Nice to meet you." Heeseung said as he stepped up, offering his hand with a bright smile.

"It's nice to meet you as well." I reply as I grab onto his hand and shake it gently. I do a double take as I sense right away that he was a ghost, just like Soobin.

A drop of dread sunk in my gut at wondering how old he was when he passed from the human world the first time.

"And this is Jungwon, the leader of the group here."

We greet one another the same way Heeseung and I had done. I blink a few times as I pick up on angel powers but, not as strong as Huening Kai's.

"As I'm sure you know, Heeseung is a ghost," Yeonjun said as he picked up on my curiosity of Jungwon's powers. "and Jungwon is part angel. His mother is the angel Yehuiah, she is known to be a grant men authority and the power to be in command. His father was human."

I hum and nod my head, understanding now why his powers would not be as prominent as Huening Kai's.

"And I know you two are very curious as to what all she can do but, you will get to see that later." Yeonjun then added with a smirk as he grabbed my hand and pulled me past everyone. "Let's get to the house so we can get some food and catch up." He called over his shoulder.

I glance behind us to see Jungwon shaking his head with a fond smile on his lips. "How long have they been soul collectors?" I ask as I turn to watch where we were walking.

"Heeseung was granted his human body back almost 200 hundred years ago. The rest joined a few years after him."

"So am I like the youngest one here technically?" I ask as I think over how Heeseung looked like he could be close to my age but, Jungwon looked at least a few years younger.

"Yes. You are only 25, the rest of us are all over hundreds of years old."

"Do you get to pick when your body stops aging?" Because how did they all very in the ages they looked.

"For us, we all died at some point. For this group, most of them stopped aging when their powers were fully matured."

"Ah, okay." It made sense now then. Heeseung was a ghost so he would look the age he was when he died. Jungwon though, was the one that was confusing me.

We all split into the two cars that were waiting for us. Heeseung ended up being the driver for our car. Soobin joined him in the front seat as Beomgyu took the seat behind Heeseung, I took the middle seat as Yeonjun took the one behind Soobin.

"This group is pretty diverse. Ni-ki is the youngest, he is the son of an angel as well. Jungwon is next in age. Then, Sunoo, he is an angel just like Huening Kai. Sunghoon is the son of a winter nymph, meaning all things cold are his expertise. Jake is the son of a demon named Afael, thanks to his father he can use fire. Jay is half demon, his father is Astaroth, a duke of hell. And then there is Heeseung." Yeonjun finished telling me. He then leaned forward and gave Heeseung's shoulder a firm pat.

"All of them are really excited that you guys agreed to come help us out." Heeseung said to no one in particular.

"Of course, we will always back you all up." Soobin replied.

"We did have one other person come join us, she was sent on behalf of our demon boss. Her name is Tiswan. She seems nice so far, a little stand off-ish though. Her mother is Abyzou."

I feel a little relief in hearing there would be another female, even if she was a demon.