295.Disrespecting the title of Empress of Jeong Dynasty

Lalisa carefully looked at Jeongguk and noticed his serious expressions. Her glowing face became pale as she was worried about what he was thinking?

She does not want to be disappointed again. In her life, she has seen many betrayals from her family and friends and in this world, he was the only world, whom she believed and supported him.

Though she has no feelings for him at this point other than his attraction, she has no feeling whatsoever. However, she has formed a kind of bond with him and has certain expectations as well.

When her gaze shifted to Eunbi, she saw a smirk on her face. As no one was looking at Eunbi, but Lalisa saw her expressions at the moment.

Even Eunbi was sneering at her and her sly smile was clear to show her intentions.

She pursed her lips and when she couldn't wait anymore, she spoke, "Eunbi, you're right. I did nothing wrong. You did not teach your maid correctly. If she didn't disrespect me first, then I would not have to punish her." Lalisa looked at Eunbi with firm expressions and said in a loud and clear voice.

"Moreover, Consort Eunbi, you said that I am punishing 'your maid' harshly, so do you even know why I did that? Or what punishment I gave her? Hmm?"

Lalisa asked her outrightly. She was getting irritated and angered by her behavior.

She has understood her personality very well and Eunbi was not a kind who will be willing to take the punishment for her maid. She was just pretending to be kind-hearted and wanted to look Lalisa like a heartless cunning woman.

After saying her words, Lalisa glanced at Jeongguk and saw him looking at her in surprise. She pursed her lips and feel relaxed.

She could have chosen to run away and not tell everyone her side of the story. But this will only make her look like a coward.

If she didn't tell him her side of the story and didn't tell anyone that she wasn't wrong, then no one will believe her. Just like the last time, when everyone accused her of throwing herself on that boy in high school.

She tried to explain herself and wanted to retort their claims, but as she was young, her father overpowered her and didn't let her say anything.

They just forced all the blame on her and let her suffer for her all the teen years. She still felt insecure and fear when someone tries to get close to her.

She doubts every single person who tries to come closer to her. She feels that they are doing this just because of some purpose.

That's why she can't take any relationship seriously and feel any attachment to it. She is afraid that they will only take advantage of her and throw her or betray her when she fully gave them her heart.

Jeongguk was surprised when Lalisa suddenly questioned Eunbi.

He was just thinking about how he should deal with this situation. He knows that Lalisa must have reprimanded the maid because she must have something.

He only knew that Lalisa punished Eunbi's maid and demoted her because when Feng Ju informed him about the situation, he does not want to interfere.

But when he heard that Eunbi has come here and they had created an issue, then he had to come here himself because he does not want to let Lalisa suffer alone like the old times.

He was trying to think about something when Lalisa suddenly spoke only after a minute and questioned Eunbi.

Whereas Eunbi was bewildered when she heard Lalisa's question.

Now when Lalisa asked her, she realized that she doesn't know anything about the situation.

The maid that gave her information told her that Lalisa was punishing Yuju and Yuju was crying. That's it.