Chapter 11: Barbie and Ken

As Seher stepped out of the elevator in the building where Daniel's friends had invited them for lunch, she found herself once again in awe of the opulent surroundings. They were on the 48th floor of a towering skyscraper, and the thought of the view from the terrace, if there was one, was almost too much to contemplate.

Seher had been gawking for the past five minutes, and she couldn't help herself. The apartment was a marvel of interior design, with minimalistic decor featuring shades of grey and white that made it seem like it had been lifted from the pages of a design magazine. Daniel had explained that this building was one of the city's premier addresses, with each floor occupied by just one apartment, resulting in spacious living spaces that defied the typical definition of an apartment.

Lost in her admiration, Seher was abruptly brought back to reality by a man's voice. Before her stood a couple that could easily be described as real-life Ken and Barbie. The man was tall, his blonde hair gleaming, his eyes as blue as the ocean, and his attire impeccable-a crisp white shirt, khaki pants, and brown loafers. Beside him stood an equally striking woman with straight blonde hair, captivating blue eyes, and perfect features, complete with a dazzling smile that could rival any Hollywood star, wearing a modest blue dress.

For a brief moment, Seher couldn't help but feel a twinge of self-consciousness in the presence of such flawless beauty. In her pink shirt and high-waisted jeans under her long wool coat, she felt inferior. These people appeared to be the quintessential American couple. However, Seher knew from Daniel's descriptions that the Erickson couple, despite their stunning looks, were exceptionally intelligent and highly accomplished in their respective careers. Mrs. Erickson, for all her beauty, held a prestigious position as a high-ranking professor of mathematics at the esteemed New York University. Meanwhile, Daniel's friend, James Erickson, like Daniel himself, was the CEO of a prominent security company, cementing their status as a power couple both in terms of appearance and professional achievements.

"Hello Daniel, my friend, it's been so long since I've seen you," James Erickson greeted as he opened his arms, inviting Daniel for a hug. Daniel warmly embraced him, a grin on his face. "Come on, man, we saw each other like 6 months ago; you can't miss me that much," Daniel teased in a lighthearted tone.

James chuckled and playfully insisted, "Oh, come on, Danny, you know you miss me. Now you can deny all of it in public, but nobody can deny our relationship," he added dramatically.

Daniel shot him a narrow-eyed look and turned to Mabel, pretending to be exasperated. "How do you handle this guy, Mabel?" he asked, pointing a finger teasingly at James.

Mabel laughed, shaking her head. "You boys and your bromance, I really can't handle it. Let me meet my munchkin," she said with a smile. She then turned her attention to Liam, who eagerly rushed into her arms.

"Aunty M!" Liam exclaimed happily. "My prince, how are you? I've missed you so much, and you haven't even video called me in so long," she said in a mock-complaining tone. Liam pouted adorably and tried to negotiate, "I'm sorry, Aunty M. You know I've made a new friend, and you can be her friend too if you forgive me."

James turned to Daniel with a playful smirk. "Now, that's quite the businessman in the making, Mr. Mitchell."

Daniel chuckled and replied, "Well, God knows what this guy will become, but 'sassy' is something he's already started to master. I really don't know how I'll handle it as he grows older and understands the charm of women."

The men shared a laugh while Liam, understanding that they were discussing him, simply ignored them and introduced Meher to Aunty Mabel. "Meher, this is my Aunty M. You can also call her Aunty M, you know. And she looks just like Barbie."