Chapter 21: Homecoming Dilemmas

On the seventh day, the doctors finally gave Amelia a clean bill of health, allowing her to return home. Part of Daniel felt a sense of relief that Amelia was okay, but another part harbored a growing apprehension. She was coming back to a place they had once called home, a space where they were once a family with Liam. Now, the dynamics had shifted, and Daniel had formed a makeshift family of his own with Seher. The questions loomed, heavy and unanswered.

The weight of these looming questions pressed down on Daniel. This situation, unlike the challenges he faced at work, was more daunting than anything he had ever encountered. The burden of making significant decisions now rested squarely on his shoulders. While he managed an entire company, this was a different kind of pressure, one that weighed on him mentally.

For the sake of his own sanity, Daniel decided to let go of the overwhelming thoughts for a moment. He realized he needed to take things one step at a time. Today's primary task was getting Amelia back home, the first step in a series of unknowns. The next step would involve revealing to Seher where he had been for the past week.

The grand gates of the Mitchell Mansion swung open to welcome Daniel's Mercedes, with Amelia seated in the passenger seat. Her gaze wandered over the house, her emotions hidden behind an inscrutable expression. For the first time, Daniel felt a sense of apprehension about returning home. He had no clear vision of what the future held for him and the relationships within these walls.

Exiting the car, Daniel assisted Amelia and, with a heavy heart, rang the doorbell. He secretly hoped anyone but Seher would open the door. However, fate had other plans for this day. The door creaked wide open, revealing Seher. She wore a welcoming smile, her eyes fixed on Daniel as she tried to etch every detail of his features into her memory. She longed to embrace him, but before she could take that step, a hand materialized between them, landing firmly on Daniel's chest.

This abrupt interruption caused Seher to take a startled step back. It was at that moment she grasped the situation. She found herself face to face with Amelia Mitchell, Daniel's wife, the man Seher had been growing closer to, the one who had made significant promises to her. Amelia now marked her territory, placing her hand possessively on her husband's chest, signaling to Seher that they were a couple and she was the outsider.

Amelia's beauty was nothing short of breathtaking. Even without makeup, her light blue eyes, high cheekbones, tanned skin, and chestnut hair made her appear like a Victoria's Secret model. Every feature was flawlessly refined, and Seher couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. She was compelled to step back and take in the whole picture. Together, Amelia and Daniel resembled a power couple, as if they were custom-made for each other. They exuded an air of harmony, much like James and Mabel, presenting an image of the perfect couple you might see on a Hollywood red carpet. After all, they were legally married.

Seher found herself in the midst of the most perplexing situation she had ever encountered. Daniel had been away on a business trip, and now he was back, with Amelia holding him. She had always known this day would come, but she had never imagined it like this, not even in her worst nightmares. In the depths of her pragmatic mind, the part that had held reservations about Daniel, she understood that this was just the prologue to her impending nightmares.

Gathering herself, Seher took a step back, wearing a composed smile, and addressed them both. "Hello, guys. Please, come inside. The wind is quite chilly."

Daniel exhaled deeply at the formal tone of her greeting and ushered Amelia into the house.

As Daniel assisted Amelia onto the couch, Seher followed closely behind, her resolve unwavering - she wouldn't rush to judgment based solely on appearances. Standing in front of them, she extended her hand toward Amelia, her voice cordial, "Hello, I am Seher Sandhu, Liam's nanny."