Chapter 85: Mitchell Men

Maximilian turned to look at the man who had evoked a strong reaction from his little gold. He almost facepalmed at his sobriety because Seher had told him all about Daniel, the father of the child she had looked after. However, since she never mentioned the surname, he hadn't connected the dots to realize that Daniel was Daniel Mitchell from Mitchell Technologies, whom he had recently partnered with.

Maximilian wasn't a jealous man; he didn't care about whoever had been in Seher's life before him. However, he disliked Daniel for obvious reasons. Daniel had hurt Seher and made her question herself, contributing to her insecurities in their relationship. Maximilian was confident that after sharing his past with Seher, there would be no room for any other man in her life except him. He knew it, and he believed in the strength of their connection.

But today, as Maximilian observed the man, he noticed his wife and son beside him. The way Daniel looked at Seher conveyed a hint of admiration and adoration that Maximilian found unsettling. He didn't know the details of Daniel's past or the dynamics with his wife. Whether Daniel was a cheating scoundrel seeking a new relationship or a victim of circumstances, Maximilian didn't care. At this moment, the undeniable truth was that Seher, the most incredible woman was his.

Seher had shared with Maximilian that she once had feelings for Daniel, but he, in his foolishness, had let her go. Now she belonged to Maximilian. The fact was unalterable, and Maximilian Andrei Romanov had no intention of letting this man take away his woman. It wasn't about being obsessive; Maximilian wasn't his mother. He wouldn't make it his life's mission to keep Seher against her will. If she truly wanted out, he would respect her decision, even if it meant not seeing her again.

However, Maximilian was possessive. At this moment, Seher was his, and he couldn't stand another man admiring her. Seeing Daniel's eyes roam over Seher's figure, especially on a day when she looked exceptionally attractive, stirred a possessive discomfort in Maximilian. He gritted his teeth at the thought of another man appreciating what belonged to him. Before he could act on his impulse to confront this man, a little boy, a miniature version of Daniel, rushed towards Seher, embracing her in a hug.

Seher reciprocated, and her joy was evident. It had been several weeks since she last saw Liam due to his busy schedule with play school and drumming lessons. Despite his exhaustion from the activities, Seher hugged him tightly, sensing that he had grown in both weight and height. His physical changes, however, held no significance for her. Liam had a special place in her heart.

Their connection went beyond any changes in their lives and transcended Liam's relationship with her daughter or any circumstances involving Daniel or others. As Seher held him close, she felt the familiar fragrance, the comforting embrace of his arms around her. The beauty of the moment brought tears to her eyes, realizing that everything would be okay.

Having sent out invitations with the assumption that Daniel might not attend, Seher was pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the entire Mitchell family, including Daniel. This unexpected presence signified a willingness to let go of past differences, bringing immense happiness to Seher. She cherished the idea of fostering diverse friendships and celebrating Indian festivals with American and her new Russian friends. The sight of the Mitchell family on such an auspicious occasion filled her heart with joy and gratitude for the happy happenings.

Seher gently placed Liam back on the ground, cupping his face in her hands, and expressed, "I missed you, my prince. I missed you so much. Last week when I made aloo parathas, I just wanted to run to you and give you one. You will stay with me tonight, won't you?" Seher acknowledged that it wasn't entirely appropriate to invite the child for a sleepover without consulting his parents. Nevertheless, unable to contain her excitement, she turned to Amelia, "Amelia, can he please stay tonight?"