Chapter 118: In the Clouds

ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR MY FRIENDS. AM I AWESOME OR WHAT? ENJOY!!!

On the 12th of April, Maximilian and Seher encountered their inaugural spat as a couple, ignited by the man's unilateral decision to adhere to Victor's suggestion of embarking on a New York trip for both his girl's shared birthday. Despite Seher's vehement objections, Maximilian persisted, culminating in a heated confrontation mere hours before their departure. Stant in her stance, she firmly declared her intention to remain behind to tend to Konstantin's needs.

Initially, Maximilian tried to reason with her, detailing his prearranged plans and Konstantin's alleged agreement. However, his patience diminished as tensions rose, shifting from calm explanations to frustrated declarations. Aggravated by Seher's steadfast defiance, Maximilian ultimately lost his temper, informing her bluntly of his determination to take her with him, with or without her agreement. Following a lengthy period of tense quietude, Maximilian gave in, using a mix of tender gestures and promises to soothe Seher's anger. Maximilian appeased his upset girlfriend by vowing steadfast support and ongoing updates about Konstantin's condition.

As they neared the start of their journey, Seher harbored a lingering skepticism, while Maximilian chose to set aside his worries, opting to savor the upcoming week with his new family. Their daughter caught up in the excitement, looked forward to the joyous event with eager anticipation.

Maximilian spared no effort to heighten Meher's enthusiasm for their impending New York trip. He not only shared images and videos of the expected landmarks and activities but also arranged a special outing to a Louis Vuitton store. There, with the help of an in-house designer, Meher designed a custom set of luggage, complete with her initials intricately fashioned into the buckles.

At the moment, Meher, at almost three years old, was proudly carrying a beautiful pink, purple, and gold sling bag while also pulling a smaller cabin suitcase filled with her most cherished toys. In an amusing turn of events, Maximilian found himself carrying the larger luggage, his usual blue and grey clothing standing out against Meher's vibrant and custom-made set.

Seher expressed concerns about the extravagance of Maximilian's actions, fearing they might lead to a sense of entitlement. Maximilian, in turn, assured her of his dedication to preventing any such traits in Meher. His excitement for their trip was twofold: it marked his first journey as a father with his daughter and celebrated her first birthday under his guardianship.

Realizing his past mistakes, Maximilian vowed to show moderation and limit Meher's exposure to opulence and designer items. This commitment served both Meher's upbringing and Maximilian's self-improvement, as he understood the value of teaching her the principles of restraint and gratitude.

As Seher moved through the private gates and check-in counters, a mix of anticipation and disbelief washed over her. The news from Maximilian that their journey would be on a Romanov jet, not a commercial airliner, had taken her by surprise. However, it seemed only natural that a man of his standing, who commanded a worldwide hotel empire, would travel in a manner befitting his position, far removed from the usual limitations of commercial flights.

As Seher observed the smooth check-in process before her, she glanced at the busy commercial flight section. Through the glass, she saw passengers lining up, checking in their luggage, and receiving their boarding passes. The stark contrast between their ordinary routines and the exclusive privileges granted to Maximilian's entourage highlighted the deep divide between their worlds.