Chapter 71: Under the Moonlight

At night, as Seher settled into her bed, thoughts of Maximilian lingered in her mind. Reflecting on their encounter that day and the conversation with Elaine, she opened her phone to look at the image of Maximilian and Victor. Alone in the silence of her bedroom, with her daughter peacefully asleep, Seher allowed herself to contemplate this man.

The first thing that struck her was his striking good looks. While she acknowledged Victor's attractiveness, Maximilian possessed a rawness, a sort of barbaric allure that conveyed immense power. He felt like a king, not the poised kind but the one who led soldiers into battle, walking at the forefront. His beauty was unrefined, particularly in his stormy blue eyes. He had mentioned that there were things he needed to share about himself, and Seher sensed secrets and pain behind those captivating eyes.

She had encountered many blue eyes since coming to America, but Maximilian's had a unique allure. Seher recognized the possibility of personal bias, yet she couldn't deny the beauty in his eyes. Half of his face was adorned with a well-kept, thick beard, which she observed Meher playfully pulling at during their meeting-a gesture he didn't seem to mind.

When Seher returned with snacks in the evening, she observed how effortlessly her daughter, Meher, nestled in Maximilian's arms. Witnessing their interaction, she noticed how Meher commanded him, and he, in turn, made things happen. Despite a lingering apprehension, fueled by her past experiences with Daniel, Seher couldn't overlook the beautiful bond between Maximilian and Meher.

Her initial suspicion, based on the fear that Maximilian might be seeking a fleeting physical connection or a one-night stand, wavered as she witnessed their genuine connection. Today, she saw firsthand why Meher held Maximilian in such high regard. His protective instincts were on full display when he leapt to catch Meher before a potential fall, expressing a fear that Seher, as a mother, didn't fuss over as much. While she often saw Meher tumble due to her still-developing walking skills, Maximilian's reaction was both amusing and endearing.

Seher couldn't help but smile as Maximilian referred to Meher as a blessing. The genuine care and love he displayed for her daughter were evident. Despite knowing little about him beyond his handsome appearance and successful career, one thing was clear: Maximilian genuinely cared for Meher. The way he effortlessly included Meher in their plans, like the upcoming date, made Seher question her initial assumptions. It became apparent that Maximilian was more than just a charming man; he was someone who genuinely cherished and prioritized the well-being of her daughter. Witnessing the handsome man dote on Meher was an irresistible explosion of emotions that no woman could resist.

Seher studied the picture intently, taking note of Maximilian's attire - a powder blue sweater paired with what she presumed were black jeans. Victor, on the other hand, sported a grey henley with matching black jeans. Both men exuded a remarkable handsomeness. Their shared features, from the stormy blue eyes to the hair color and build, showcased a strong familial resemblance. Maximilian held a slight height advantage, and the distinguishing elements of his beard and long hair set him apart. The thought lingered in Seher's mind - did the brothers look exactly the same without Maximilian's beard?

Seher, deeply absorbed in her thoughts, was abruptly jolted when her phone pinged with a notification.

Maximilian's message started with a simple 'Seher' and followed with a provocative query, 'Are you admiring it while you're in your bed, little chef? Or have things reached beyond, and you've started fantasizing?'

Seher's eyes widened at the unexpected message, prompting her to sit up abruptly, glancing around in surprise. Quickly, she replied, "Who told you I'm looking at your picture?'