Chapter 44: Not Meet-Cute

As the day unfolded, Daniel's team delivered the presentation, officially representing Mitchell Technologies at the TechVista conference. The response was overwhelmingly positive, marked by applause and congratulations. Daniel found himself surrounded by people eager to meet and talk to him. He had strategically avoided revealing his connection to Mitchell Technologies in the preceding days, focusing on getting to know those around him without discussing his own achievements.

Today, with the official presentation showcasing their success story and upcoming projects, the reaction was as expected. Daniel was confident in his professional abilities, considering himself an ace in his field. However, when it came to his personal life, that was an entirely different matter.

A noteworthy aspect of the presentation was the presence of both Romanov brothers. Daniel hadn't actively sought to meet them, nor did he expect them to join the crowd around him. The Romanovs carried a distinct air, drawing attention wherever they went. Whether it was their imposing physique or the entourage they commanded, people cleared paths for them. Daniel sensed an enigmatic quality about the brothers, different from typical businessmen. Despite the multitude of billionaires present, none seemed to possess the same entourage or captivating personality.

Driven by his long-standing fascination with mysteries, Daniel's interest shifted beyond Labyrinth Hospitality. The Romanov brothers had sparked his curiosity, and he felt compelled to unravel more about them. He recognized that what they presented to the world was just a fraction of their true selves. Daniel was ready to delve into this new puzzle, eager to uncover the layers beneath the enigma that surrounded Andrei and Sergei Romanov.

As Daniel surveyed the surroundings, seeking his own team to wrap up a successful day, he resisted the urge to approach Andrei Romanov. Determined not to appear desperate, Daniel believed that if Andrei saw potential, he would take the initiative. With a wealth of connections, he was confident in finding alternative paths. While securing the deal would be incredible, Daniel was not a businessman desperate for money; he was always desperate for opportunities. Confident that the right opportunity, coupled with hard work, would yield success, he continued to scan the room.

Observing Sarah engaged in conversation with the brown-suited gentleman who had arrived with the Romanov brothers, Daniel speculated that he played a role as their personal assistant. Given the way he had been hovering around the brothers with an iPad in hand, it seemed likely. The fact that their personal assistant was conversing with Sarah was undoubtedly a positive sign, bringing a genuine smile to Daniel's face.

As Nicholas joined him, he remarked, "We had a good presentation, Mr. Mitchell. What do you say?" Daniel smiled in agreement, "You're right, Nick. It was an amazing presentation, a successful day, and I see that the Romanov's man is talking to Sarah, so I guess that could be another good sign."

Nicholas discreetly looked behind him and shared, "Well, yes, sir, that's amazing. He actually, as you asserted right, is Mr. Romanov's, that is, Mr. Andrei Romanov's executive assistant. His name is Ethan Carrigan." Daniel raised an eyebrow, questioning, "Ethan Carrigan, is he related to Justice Carrigan?"

Nicholas nodded, confirming, "You guessed right, sir. He is Justice Carrigan's younger son." Daniel, perplexed, questioned further, "But why is Justice Carrigan's son a mere assistant to a Russian businessman? I mean, isn't it a little absurd?"

Nicholas acknowledged, "You're right, it is absurd, sir, and the story I've heard from people is that Justice Carrigan's elder son and his daughter, meaning Ethan's elder siblings, are both with high-end jobs in the law industry itself, as you may know, with his son being a district attorney and his daughter being a criminal lawyer."

Daniel recalled, "Oh, yes. She is a partner at a firm in direct competition with Amelia's firm. I know of her. Elizabeth Carrigan, right? She's married to that Middle Eastern businessman from Dubai, if I'm not wrong."