Chapter 43: Shifting winds

Daniel, frustrated by Romanov's delayed arrival, had been eagerly awaiting him since the afternoon. However, Nicholas informed him that the trip had been postponed, and Romanov would now arrive the next morning. Daniel, longing to be home with his son, Meher, Seher, and Amelia, felt as if this delay had become a personal irritation.

After sharing dinner with Nicholas and Pamela, Daniel decided to retire to bed. While heading to his room, he noticed Sarah approaching with numerous shopping bags, almost on the verge of spilling. Daniel swiftly moved towards her and took most of the bags from her hands. Sarah expressed her gratitude, and they proceeded towards the elevator.

As Daniel remarked, "I see you had a successful shopping trip," Sarah responded with a smile, saying, "Well, yes, I found so many little local shops; the fabric here is just amazing. I discovered pretty skirts, blouses, and hats - I just love hats, as you may know." Daniel chuckled at her enthusiasm and replied, "Well, you will have to help me with my own shopping, Sarah, because I've been instructed by the little master that I have to get him all the best plane toys from Germany and all the best chocolates for Meher. I don't think I would be allowed back in the country without the said gifts."

Sarah smiled and assured, "Yes, I will, of course, help you. I saw so many candy shops and toy shops; it's a beautiful city, really." After a moment, she added, "Well, Liam seems to be very close with his nanny's daughter." Daniel shook his head and said, "Well, that's a big understatement; they are practically joined at the hip. It's so adorable." Sarah nodded in agreement as she pressed the button for her and Daniel's floor in the elevator.

After a moment's silence, Sarah turned to Liam and said, "Mr. Mitchell, before I forget, I wanted to inform you that the hotel notified me about a Vogue photoshoot scheduled for tomorrow morning. Anne Hathaway is coming to the hotel, and her entourage, along with the Vogue and photography teams, are already here. They've hired a renowned fashion photographer from France, and it's going to be a significant event. They plan to shoot on the glass terrace in the hotel, resulting in a lot of hustle and bustle. Additionally, Mr. Romanov is set to arrive tomorrow morning with his own entourage, adding to the commotion. I suggest we finish breakfast early in the morning and start the day promptly to avoid chaos due to the upcoming activities."

Daniel nodded in agreement and responded, "You're right, Sarah. Tomorrow, the breakfast buffet starts at 7. Let's meet at 7:15, then head back to my room to finalize the presentations before Romanov arrives." As the elevator opened to Sarah's floor, she extended her hands to take the bags from Daniel, but he gently shook her away, saying, "No, no, I don't think you're going to survive carrying so many bags. Let me drop you off at your room." Sarah smiled in gratitude as Daniel escorted her and her numerous bags to her room, bidding her goodnight. He then proceeded towards his room, contemplating the early start to the day ahead and hoping to connect with Liam, Amelia, Seher, and Meher.

Daniel's sour mood intensified as he struggled to reach Seher and Meher. Despite calling Amelia in the morning and connecting with her and Liam, his request to speak with Seher and Meher was met with the explanation that Meher was asleep in her nursery, and Seher, though present in the living room, was engaged in a phone conversation and unavailable to talk. This rekindled his concerns about Seher's frequent phone calls and outings, leaving him with a sense of unease.

Desperate to reach Seher, Daniel made several attempts to call her, only to find that each call went to voicemail. In his voicemail messages, he expressed his desire to talk to Meher, using her as the pretext to connect with Seher. The yearning to hear from Seher persisted, fueled by a genuine longing to speak with Meher and the growing sense of concern about Seher's elusive availability.

Daniel, preparing for an early start the next day, sent a message to both Amelia and Seher, informing them that he wouldn't be able to call. He expressed his intention to talk to them the day after tomorrow before drifting into a dreamless sleep.