Chapter 107: The Sokolov's

"George, ensure the security arrangements are top-notch, and stay in constant contact with the security team," Maximilian instructed his driver, who was leading the entourage to pick up the Sokolov family. On the other end of the line, the loyal employee replied, "Copy that, sir. I've got it covered. The security arrangements are tight, and the Sokolovs will safely reach your home. Don't worry about it."

Konstantin sat beside his grandson, listening intently as Maximilian gave instructions. Once he ended the call, the older man leaned in and asked, "Maksym, a Valentin utochnil, kto pronik na sklady yi kakie imenno byli michenu?" (Maxim, did Valentin specify who infiltrated the warehouses and which ones were targeted exactly?)

Maximilian shook his head in response. "Net, dedushka, eshche net," (No, Grandfather, not yet) he explained. "Valentin's been preoccupied with bringing Tatiana and the children here for the past day and a half. Once he arrives, we'll gather with Mariana and her team in the living room. As for the specific warehouses, it's concerning. The eastern M27 and M249 stock, which hadn't been processed yet, was targeted. It's suspicious that this particular warehouse was hit, especially since its contents hadn't even been logged. It suggests someone on the inside may be involved. Additionally, two of the warehouses housed kokain (cocaine), and one was empty."

The older man sighed and inquired, "And what about my daughter? Did she call you again?" Maximilian grimaced at his mother's name, "Yes, she did. I told her to fuck off and informed her that I had already disclosed the truth to Victor. So she can go rot in hell with Ivan."

The old man leaned back, troubled, and lamented, "Where did I go wrong with this girl? I mean... I don't understand. Not one aspect of her life has been fulfilling. She wasn't a good daughter-bratty to the core. I can't recall a single positive moment with her. As she grew into a young woman, she didn't become a good wife- not that Ivan deserves any better-nor a good mother. And she hasn't achieved anything professionally. I had high hopes for her, Maxim. I envisioned her taking over the BNB and the businesses. I thought her love for Russia meant she wanted to work with the people or something. But it turned out to be an entirely different kind of obsession. It sickens me. Sometimes I blame myself for not exposing her to the world enough. Back then, girls weren't given such opportunities, even if they were brilliant. And my daughter was subpar at best. Still, I thought I could train her to be the best businesswoman out there. We'd work side by side and make it big. But look at her. She failed me in the blink of an eye."

Maximilian shook his head sympathetically, "It's not your fault, grandfather. Some people lack the intelligence to understand what's good for them. You've raised not just her but also me and Victor, and we're nothing like her. It's not you, grandfather, it's her. And as for her... I don't care what she does with herself now. Ivan made a foolish move by breaking her out of the asylum because I was paying him to stay away from her. Now that he's done that and they want to stay together, let them. It saves money not paying for the expensive asylum and then paying Ivan to leave her alone. They can be the happy couple they are, just away from my family's life."

Konstantin nodded in agreement and inquired after a few minutes, "vo skolko priedet Valentin?" (What time is Valentin arriving?)

Maximilian checked his phone, "Ego samolet prizemlilsia, dedushka. ithac, dopustim, eshche poltora chasa ot aeroporta do doma." (His jet has landed, grandfather. So let's say another hour and a half from the airport to home.)

When his grandfather inquired, "Are his rooms ready?" Maximilian assured him, "Yes, grandfather. The housekeeping team attended to them yesterday, and I personally verified everything."

Konstantin followed up, "And is Seher comfortable with this? Did you consult her before extending the invitation to Valentin?" Maximilian clarified, "She was present when he called, and he was so distraught that I didn't have the opportunity to seek her opinion. However, she's fine with it; I ensured that."